Can't pay for a item in ebay

Pixelated_Poro
Contributor
Contributor

Hello so yesterday I won a item on eBay and went to pay as usual after logging into paypal and clicking complete the payment says there's a error and I must log in again on the paypal mobile express login site after logging in again it and finishing it gives me the error cannot complete transaction and puts me back to eBay asking me to log into paypal again so I perfectly can't pay for the item also to note I have tried on multiple devices and different ebay sites (.com/.co.uk) and even the eBay app which gives me a error code 601 so would love some help on this matter.

To note my paypal account seems to be fine as I have completed other purchases with setup payment methods in the past few days and have gotten shipping notices through paypal to inform me of things dispatched, also finally I'm currently out of country could that effect it?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

also finally I'm currently out of country could that effect it?

Yes if you are not logging in from your usual device and doing it abroad then paypals or ebays security will kick in thinking your account has been hacked.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pixelated_Poro
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for responding I managed to finally get around this by using my laptop which I have used multiple times at home for purchases, but after completion  the purchase it is now marked as processing payment which I have not seen before and its been a good 5 hours on that now should I be worried or will it change over, also to note I checked my paypal account on the website to see the payment and its showing the payment as taken the money from my bank to the paypal a count then sent to the eBay seller but states they need to claim the payment and eBay still shows as processing and I have yet to get a paypal email to say purchase complete.

Anyway before I ramble anymore has anyone had this happen before? I have been keeping the seller updated anyway just worried as I have ordered thing on holds before and paid for them via ebay but never had this happen.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Pixelated_Poro,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

I can understand your concern about your transaction, especially after the issues you previously had, but it doesn't sound like anything went wrong with the payment 🙂

A transaction might show as 'Processing' if the merchant chose to create an order. A lot of merchants choose to do this if they need some time to fulfil the order you've placed. Once they've done this, the order status will change to 'Completed'.

If you have any other questions or concerns, do let us know 🙂

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Pixelated_Poro
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for responding again, and thank for the welcome just thought I would update I have been in contact with the seller and he says it's processing too and will let me know when he gets the payment, on that note it was a used item I bought which he has in had to send, but just encase this helps his paypal used for eBay is not verified anyway the payment shows in paypal awaiting  the seller to accept the payment giving me the option to cancel but I'm just a little apprehensive since I have yet to get any email say the payment has been made, but my paypal account shows it as related to eBay so hopefully everything gets sorted.

I'll keep you guys updated with what happens.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.