Can't add VISA Debit card to my paypal account.

Kyle3
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm from Latvia and I have a question.

I recently registered to paypal and when I tried to add my creditcard, the following error appeared - 

Sorry, we can't link this card. Please try linking a different card to your account.

I sent a message with my problem to paypal support, but it has been over 24 hours and they still haven't answered me.

What should I do now?

Also, I can't add my latvian bank, since it only shows to add the U.S. bank account...

Any help would be appreciated!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Kyle3
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot for the support, best service ever without any responses and suggestions!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Kyle3,

Apologies for the delay.

Also, please be aware this is a UK community forum however we will do our best to help. You won't be able to add a local bank account to a Latvian PayPal account I am afraid. A Visa card or US bank account would be the funding options at this time. 

It sounds like your card issuer are not allowing this card to be used online, have you checked with them directly to see if it is compatible?

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Kyle4
New Community Member

Thanks for the response.

I've contacted my bank and they told me that the problem is related with paypal.

They said that my card couldn't be supported by paypal - but I have VISA debit card. And as far as I know, Paypal accepts VISA debit cards, so what's the problem?

P.S. couldn't use Kyle3, so used Kyle4.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Kyle4,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Is the card a virtual or prepaid card? Some of these cards are not compatible with our system, I am afraid. 

If you are still unable to get this resolved, please contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK or Twitter: @AskPayPal and we will follow up. You can also select the Contact link in your PayPal account.

Thanks,

Jessica 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.