Bank account showing as "unauthorised". Is confirmed

Nannyogg
Contributor
Contributor

I accidently removed the dd form my bank acccount and now I can't set it back up, I have tried eveything, I can't remove my bank account as its saying va messages  "a payment is pending", "You may not remove your funding source while an authorisation is still pending". Also on my mobile app, the account is showing as "unauthorised" . I have used the acount previously, and have pay after delivery set up with it(thats now saying "withdraw only". I've emailed paypal but had no response.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_paula

Hi All, so sorry to hear you all have been having issues with adding funds to your PayPal account using your bank account. Can you tell me if this has been resolved or are any of you still getting an error message. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

cathcathcath
Contributor
Contributor

I've uninstalled the app and don't intend to use it again

Login to Me Too

Lisa811
Contributor
Contributor
Hi my account is doing the same. On the app it's says unauthorised but on the site the account just says it's comfimed (had to reset the direct debit up again) so I don't understand why I can't use my account to pay for things
Login to Me Too

Exception4l
Contributor
Contributor
I can't use my access card. It says no funds available. So I transferred funds from my PayPal to my bank account. As it said in the letter I received with the card that if funds aren't available in my PayPal they'll be deducted from my bank account. But still it won't allow me to. I've followed the step by step process to activate the card (clicked on link numerous times to do so). I have the business type card. Is there anything else that I can do?
Login to Me Too

Webby73

Same problem.

Also, I can't use my bank account as a payment option when trying to make purchases online.

Sort it out, PayPal!

Login to Me Too

DaveCrane
New Community Member

I too see my current account as being "unauthorised" and yet at the same time it is "confirmed."

What does one need to do to "authorise" a bank account?

Login to Me Too

Exception4l
Contributor
Contributor
I called up Paypal access whom then reffered me back to the "main" Paypal to basically up/downgrade my access account. Call Paypal customer services. Explain the situation and ask them whether you need to up or downgrade the account you hold. They'll go through it step by step and hopefully it should correct the error
Login to Me Too

Elizabeth1_1
Contributor
Contributor
Me please help!! Im trying to resolve my negative balance and it is showing an error but it say confirmed but it shows unauthorized
Login to Me Too

aaronw344096
the reason it says it says unauthorised is due to you needing to reconfirm your email and they debit the card £1 and you need to input a 4 digit code to prove that you have sufficent funds and to prove that the bank account matches the records that you gave them which is the 4 digit code shows up on your bank statements within minutes
Login to Me Too

cathcathcath
Contributor
Contributor
I'd already done that. It was showing fine online. Just the app that didn't work
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.