Bank account showing as "unauthorised". Is confirmed

Nannyogg
Contributor
Contributor

I accidently removed the dd form my bank acccount and now I can't set it back up, I have tried eveything, I can't remove my bank account as its saying va messages  "a payment is pending", "You may not remove your funding source while an authorisation is still pending". Also on my mobile app, the account is showing as "unauthorised" . I have used the acount previously, and have pay after delivery set up with it(thats now saying "withdraw only". I've emailed paypal but had no response.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community. I see you have not had a response from any of our members. Maybe I can help.

When you cancel a direct debit you and wish to set it back up you need to remove your bank and add it again. If there are any payments processing on your PayPal account you will need to wait until they appear as completed before you can remove the bank account.

-David R

Login to Me Too

anakinattack
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I'm having this same problem. Only problem is I haven't cancelled the direct debit. The website says bank account confirmed but the PayPal app states unauthorized. I'm waiting on a refund from an ebay transaction. What will happen with this?
Login to Me Too

riri89
New Community Member
Hi, I'm having the same problem.. any ideas on what the problem is?
Login to Me Too

johnross1983
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have the paypal app and notice that my current account (Bank) is showing as unauthorised, but when i click on it, it states confirmed. i thought this was just the old details so i removed it and reinstalled the account to check but it is the same, i dont have any pending payment in or out, and i can still use the account and the debit card is comes with as payments on my paypal account. it is just a bug bear it showed say authourised or complete.

Can someone check if there is a problem with the app or something else i am missing.

Thank You

Login to Me Too

Jeroen_n_n
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem. "unauthorised" but nothing is open or showing? Have six people with the same problem on Skype: all blocked, no valid reason..  Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

cathcathcath
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having the same problem since I started using the app. Now paypal it taking all my payments from my credit card despite my bank account being the preferred option.  It also shows as confirmed on my paypal account but on the app its showing as unauthorised.  Come on paypal sort this out!!

Login to Me Too

cathcathcath
Contributor
Contributor

I'm deleting the app, see if that helps.  It is also a royal pain that you can't email paypal any more!!

.  I can't get away with making phone calls as I have kids at home. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there, emails can be sent via the Message Centre on your PayPal account or via the Contact tab at the bottom of the PayPal account. Our customer service is also available on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK/ and on Twitter @AskPayPal.

Login to Me Too

Madgpol
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. I've been trying to send money to PayPal from Bank account and it kept erroring. Been an issue for the last week. PayPal customer service haven't been very helpful either 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.