Account permanently locked (minor) and bank account stuck there. After 18 what to do to get it back?

NepsName
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone.

The case is simple, I as a teenager was already an early worker but due to being a minor, and after making over 2,500€, due to paypal rules, I had to prove my identity.

I did so, and they realized I was a minor, and locked my account permanently but they did allow me to take the money back to my bank account, which I already have as well, because in my country I can after 16. And I did so.

Now I am 17 and almost 18, and I want to start having a paypal account again, which in the emails they said I could. But my account is permanently locked, and both my debit card and bank account are stuck there, and I can't use my bank account on a new paypal account, which sucks.

I read that permanent locks are supposed to not allow bank info to leave the account because the person is not supposed to open another account, but in my case, I am, I can, and I was told I could.

So after 18, which is happening really soon, what can I do to use my bank account on a new PayPal account again?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Contact customer services as only they can say whether they are happy for you to open another paypal account or remove your bank account etc.

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Contact customer services as only they can say whether they are happy for you to open another paypal account or remove your bank account etc.

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.