Account permanently limited - Need to remove bank and card details so i can open a new account

humz
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, my account was permanently limited because i was apparently under 18 when the account was opened, and for some reason 3 years on they now decided to limit it, anyways the email said i could open a new account when i am over 18, which i am and have been for a while now

But im gonna need to remove my details (Card, bank and secondary email) to use on the new account amnt i? But its not letting me and ive sent an email and they only responded with a generic auto message and not anything else

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If its limited then i doubt you can remove them but check >>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

humz
Contributor
Contributor

Ive contacted them via email, im not really wanting to call them right now, im frustrated enough and i feel like i'd just get even more frustrated being on hold and taking forever to get my situation accross, easier to type where you can easily keep your emotions in check 😛

Ive actually contacted them on facebook a couple of hours ago, but they havent responded to me yet, although theres been a person who posted after me and they got a reply from them

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi humz,

I'm sorry to hear you were kept waiting on a Facebook response.

We do our best to respond to our messages within 8 hours but in busier times, replies can take a little longer.

The reason we ask you to create a new account now your 18+ is so that you can legally sign our user agreement as an adult. I hope that makes sense.

We're more than happy to help you transfer your financials over to your new account though and I'm just wondering if you've managed to get this sorted since your last post?

Maybe you could let me know either way so I can help move things along for you if needs be?

Conor

Login to Me Too

humz100
New Community Member

hey, yeah it should all be sorted now (this reply is from my new account) The person on facebook helped me sort out how to re-add my financial details and my account seems fine, only thing is my first payment has been pending and hasnt been transferred to my bank for a couple of days now but i assume thats normal for first transactions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.