Account limited for being under 18 when created the account.

FlaxonQc

Hi,

When I created my account I was 17. I been using the service legaly for 5 years. However, I am now 23 and needing to use PayPal. My account is limited and it says that I cannot appeal against the limitation.

I can't remove my card details from the account because of the limitation, so is the only way for me to possible use PayPal again if I create a new account and get a new debit account? or, is there an actual way the limitations can get removed? I've been limited for almost 6 month now.

Thanks,

Alex

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FlaxonQc

The idea of them not letting you remove your card is so you can't use it on another paypal account.

If you have a permanent limitation then odds are that if you open another paypal account that one will be limited as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FlaxonQc

So I got ''permaban'?

And theres no way to use Paypal again in my entire life ? I don't think this is a right ''punishment''.

I cam across this post : /t5/Limits-and-verification/Account-limited-for-being-under-18-when-creating-the-account/td-p/966882

Looks like paypal moderators (@PayPal_paula and @PayPal_Sophie) had solutions for them. My problem is exactly the same

Thanks,

Alex

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FlaxonQc

Well go ahead and ask customer services then, thats the only way you will know for sure.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

FlaxonQc

I just noticed this is the UK community... Do I need to re-do my pots on CA community to get help from the right rep ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FlaxonQc

You won't find any paypal ''reps'' here as this is a user to user forum.

The advice would be the same whatever forum you post to and we post to all of them.

But if you want advice from a paypal rep then contact customer services.

For account issues the mods would only tell you to contact them via social media etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.