Account limited, cant verify address

HerraHerman
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have a very serious problem in PayPal at the moment. This problem prevents me from using my PayPal and it prevents me from using eBay at all!  The problem is that my PayPal account has been limited, because I need to verify my address. The thing is, that the address I need to verify is my old address where I dont live anymore. I have changed my address to my new address in the account settings, but PayPal is still asking me to verify my old address. And as you can understand, it is quite impossible to verify an address where I dont live anymore. So at the moment, I cant use my my PayPal account and I cant use my Credit Card. I cant make a new PayPal account because my credit card is linked to my present account and it cant be removed. I also cant remove my payPal account. 

Is there any possibility that this could be handled via email? In message center I was told to call you, but that would cost me a lot of money. Just please let me verify my new address and all could be well. I havent been able to do payments for months

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HerraHerman

The UK paypal number is free from any landline.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HerraHerman
Contributor
Contributor

But I live in Finland and I only have a cell phone.

Login to Me Too

01Taffy
New Community Member
If you ask, they will ring you back, so it won't cost you anything.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HerraHerman

If you are posting on the UK forum then its helpful if you add that you are not actually IN the U.K

>>>

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HerraHerman
Contributor
Contributor

So sorry, I forgot to mention that I´m not in the UK.

Thanks for all the tips. I have now contacted PayPal in facebook, and asked them to call me.

Im still just wondering, why does PayPal keep asking me to verify my old address even though I have changed my address in my Account settings.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.