Account limited after reaching 2,500 euro annual receiving limit

bravehea
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, my account was limited for reaching the 2,500 euro annual receiving limit after I had already lifted this annual receiving limit. There is no way to resolve this because all the documents have already been submitted and verified a long time back and the limits have already been lifted. Paypal has mistakenly placed receiving limits back on my account.

How the heck do I fix this egregious error?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Conor

Hi bravehea, 

Thanks for posting. 

This sounds like a technical problem to me and it might be best if you could reach out to us through Facebook or Twitter so we can get this resolved for you. You could also give us a call toll-free on 0800 358 7911.

We are available 24/7 to answer private messages sent through our Facebook page (http://goo.gl/4BO8de) and respond swiftly to any tweets directed towards @AskPayPal!

Would you consider sending us a quick message so we can take it for there?

Conor

Login to Me Too

elizabethsmum
New Community Member

Hi I just got the exact same message? I just looked I have received just over £620 this year?? I am confused

Login to Me Too

debbie6
New Community Member

I the same issue i have emailed twice and i have recieved £1010 this year. I have also tried calling twice but after being on hold for over 15mins both times i gave up its not free from mobiles either so not looking forward to my phone bill!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi elizabethsmum,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about the frustration.

Please note that the amount is not calculated for the calendar year but for a year since you’ve received the first PayPal transaction. Then, if you don’t raise the limit, it will be renewed every year until you exceed it. The EU Receiving Limit review is a standard compliance process and it should be easy to resolve the issue by completing the steps in your Resolution Centre.

If need any further assistance, I would recommend you calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to help.

We also provide support via Social Media (24/7). You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Thomas_Ndalo
New Community Member

Hello Ann,
I also received a notification on account verifiation and provided the details I was requested to upload. However, I have not received any response and I cannot use my account since the Limitation is still not lifted. 
Could you kindly let me know how long it takes?

Warm Regards,
Thomas Ndalo

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi debbie6,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about the frustration.

As I’ve explained in my previous answer, the amount is not calculated for a calendar year but for a year since you’ve received the first PayPal transaction. Then, if you don’t raise the limit, it will be renewed every year until you exceed it. The EU Receiving Limit review is a standard compliance process and it should be easy to resolve the issue by completing the steps in your Resolution Centre.

If need any further assistance, I would recommend you calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to help.

We also provide support via Social Media (24/7). You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Covmachine
Contributor
Contributor

Mod please help me. I can't contact customer support. Can someone call me at 4******** please. This is bs that I can't get through to anyone and had to come here and hope for answers.  

Login to Me Too

Covmachine
Contributor
Contributor

My name is Dustin by the way. 

Login to Me Too

kyleduca
New Community Member

to whom is concerned,

my account is now limited for reaching the 2,500 euro annual receiving limit after I had already sent all documents required a month ago !.. A MONTH AGO !. Now i have BILLS to pay and because of this limited issue i cant withdraw funds ! Please, this is an URGENT matter !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.