Account income limit

Calum-MCB
Contributor
Contributor
Recently I recieved a notification tin forming me that I had 134 days to resolve a problem which was because I had NEARLY reached my maximum paypal income, they asked for some information about myself, I then got an email asking for proof of ID, do I have to provide them with ID and if for some reason I didn't what would happen after the 134 days, would they send out letters or just forget about it?
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_paula

Hi Calum-MCB,

From reading your post it sounds like you are getting close to your receiving limit on your PayPal account. We generally issue out a warning notification for this so you can have it resolved before you actually reach the limit. As our receiving limit is done to comply with EU regulations we may ask for photo ID just to confirm that the registered name on the PayPal account is your legal name.

EU anti-money laundering and ‘Know Your Customer’ regulations require that we collect and verify certain information from you. Until this verification process is complete, you’ll have a receiving limit on your account. This means that you can receive a maximum of £1,900 (or €2,500) into your PayPal account (in total) within a year of receiving your first payment.

If we do not receive this information it would mean that a limitation would be placed on your account and you would be unable to use it until the requested details are provided. This is also one of the reasons why we advise you in advance. This helps avoid any disruption to your PayPal account.

Rest assured any documents received are stored securely and are kept safe.

I hope this helps answer your question

Paula

Login to Me Too

helloween68
Contributor
Contributor

Hello ! I recently came to uk,And I do not have bills what he wants pay pal.I sent a copy of the contract for the phone and National Insurance Number to confirm address  other documents,and they are not accepted.He can not go the last step verification?Does this mean that the money will be blocked?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Intars

Hi helloween68,

Welcome to community and thank you for your question.

If you have reached account receiving limits funds might be temporary blocked. As soon as you provide valid proof of address that can be resolved.

Any one of the following documents will be accepted as valid for proof of address:

• Bank Statement
  • Credit Card statement
  • Utility bill e.g Gas, Electricity, Water
  • Landline telephone bill
  • Council tax bill

I hope this helps.

Intars

Login to Me Too

DevonExpat
Contributor
Contributor

I am interested in the topic discussed here, as the bank account that we (the Association of RAF Fighter Control Officers) is not a personal account, but one operated on behalf of the Association.

The first issue for us is the limitation of £1900 in the first 12 months after the first payment in the the PayPal account. If that figure is not reached within the 12-month period, is the limitation relaxed, or is it continued into a second or subsequent 12-month period?

The second issue is the provision of business documents for verification. Are the same documents required for verification as for a personal account, remembering that the position of Treasurer (who manages the Association's bank account) will move every 3 years or so to another member of the Association?

I look forward to the official response. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi DevonExpat,

Thanks for posting about this. If you don't reach the set receiving limit of £1,900 within the space of 12months from the date the account was opened, this will be renewed on a rolling basis. You'll only be asked to provide the requested information if you either click on the 'Lift Limits' link in your account, or if you reach £1,650 in total.

When you reach the £1,650 amount, a warning case will be opened, but this won't limit access to your account in any way.

The verification documents we would request for a Business account would be slightly different to a Personal account. We would generally require a proof of ID for the person named on the account, and a business registration document. You should be able to update the Treasurer information in the Business Information section on your PayPal account without any trouble, as we understand that this is something that may change from year to year.

I hope this helps!

Sophie

Login to Me Too

DevonExpat
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, PayPal_Sophie for that information, but I am still a little unclear on a couple of points. Firstly, renewing 'on a rolling basis' could have a couple of meanings, one being that - as long as no more than £1900 income in each 12-month period is received - there will be no restriction on the PayPal account; alternatively, it could mean that a restriction would be placed on the account at £1900 (of income), irrespective of the length of time it takes to reach that level of income. Clearly, having a limit of £1900 per 12-month period is less restrictive than the alternative and might be achievable by judicious management of the facility to receive payments for services the Association provided.

From what you write, am I correct in assuming that the Association would have to open a Business PayPal account, even though the person charged with its administration would - in all likelihood - change every 3 years or so (our Treasurer is elected for a 3-year period in office, but may be re-elected for subsequent such periods)? In those circumstances, what documents would be required for verification, as we are limited merely by our Constitution and the Rules of the Association, both of which are clearly open to view on our website, although there are other signed Bank documents required in order to operate our account?

Login to Me Too

L87l
New Community Member

Do you just send a scan of an ID document and where do you send it?

Login to Me Too

Franssen
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Paypal,

Can you please fix the

Verify your account using your bank account or credit card Add a bank account or credit card.

A lot of people have this problems to  complete this , i  completed all steps   but they ask for bank account to verifiy , i have  a verified bank card added but i cant choose this card so i cant complete it ?

What do i need to do to fix this pls, added screenshot

http://s15.postimg.org/vbchavtnv/111111.jpg

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello Franseen, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal UK Community!

I am sorry to hear about this experience 😕 I will make sure to pass this information to the team in charge. If you still need help with this, you can contact us via Twitter @AskPayPal and/or our Facebook PayPal page 🙂

Thank you in advance, 

Carlos 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.