Account Limited

Bikelifericky77
Contributor
Contributor
I see no helpful topics on this and when I call customer service they give me false information! So I’m a newish seller with paypal but I buy a lot, I started selling on Depop and every single sale was held. As soon as my money becomes available I get a notification that my account is limited and need to provide I.D and Address proof which I did. Paypal say it will be resolved within 2 days see screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/tZesW Yet when I call customer service I get sorry I can’t help you have to wait 3-5 business days. I need to pay for something on eBay that I won on bids and the seller keeps messaging me! So my money has already been on hold for 21 days and 3 days my account has been limited. I wish I knew what action I could take but I have literally no idea what to do!? My bank doesn’t hold my wages for 21 days to verify I worked hard enough to receive it so why should Paypal hold it? Offering all this ‘protection’ but don’t give you what’s rightfully yours.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bikelifericky77

Normally funds are held until you provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer + 3 days.

However yours may be different if its limited for verification / i.d. reasons.

All I can suggest is that you wait it out and pay your Ebay seller direct via a card if they accept that payment method.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bikelifericky77
Contributor
Contributor
I provided tracking numbers only one payment cleared after tracking status delivered. Unfortunately the seller only accepts paypal payments I tried to checkout as guest but it automatically logs me in to PayPal on my device and it says unable to pay!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.