Account Limited

ducky94
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have been having problems with my Paypal account for a couple of months now and wanted to know if the Paypal moderators could possibly help me?

A couple of months ago Paypal limited my account and gave me this reason (an automated email) -

• 17 May 2016 To help protect our customers' accounts, we routinely review account activity. It appears that you have more than one account, and one of them has engaged in activity that violates our User Agreement.

As a result, we've limited both accounts. You'll still be able to log in to view your transaction history, but you won't be able to send or receive money.

This was strange because it was the only account I had ever used. I'm not a seller and have only ever used my account to purchase items off of eBay (nothing illegal) and to purchase games off of the Xbox marketplace. Anyway, I didn't really chase it up until a couple months later when I called Paypal asking them why they limited my account, for which I was told that Paypal would take a look at it and send me an email.

I received this email a couple days later from the PayPal account Review Department signed sincerely by a member of staff-

We appreciate your interest in PayPal; however, our decision to leave your account in a permanent limitation status is final.

PayPal reserves the right to limit access to any account reported to be involved in possible fraudulent or high risk behaviour. In the event of a dispute, PayPal will seek to recover the funds from you by debiting your PayPal balance and, if there are not sufficient funds in your PayPal balance, PayPal reserves the right to collect your debt to PayPal by any other legal means.

If there's money in your PayPal account balance, you can withdraw it to your bank. You can also ask us to transfer it to your new PayPal account. Just send us a message through our Contact Us page outlining the email address of your new account. Bear in mind you may receive and automatic reply. If you do, please reply to it, re-iterating your message. It may take up to 7 working days for the transfer to take place.”

I then created a new Paypal account a day after receiving this email but then had that one limited too because it was linked to my previous account. Was I wrong to assume from what they said that they were allowing me to make a new account when the Paypal adviser clearly said “You can ask us to transfer it to your new Paypal account”? I have called Paypal and they haven't been able to help.

Can a Paypal moderator help me or is there an address where I can send a letter (not email) to?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ducky94

The moderators on here on the very rare occasions that they post do not deal with individual account issues.

They would tell you to ''reach out'' to them at customer services.

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.