Account Limitations................

MickySmith
Contributor
Contributor

About 5 weeks ago and totally "out of the blue" my account had limitations put on it, to the extent whereby I assumed it to be a 

scam.

I am now constantly asked to provide evidence of my identity (photo ID and the like).

I try to send the required documentation, the system tells me there is "a system error".

PayPal then proceed to send me this banal message saying that I am a valued customer and this message is sent rather than bothering me with specific requirements.  I WISH TO BE BOTHERED SO I CAN RESOLVE THE ISSUE

I have tried to withdraw my funds, as I am at my whits end and this is not possible (due to the limitations).

Has anybody else suffered or is suffering a similar situation. If so, how do you suggest I communicate with anybody in the company who maybe remotely interested 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MickySmith

Phone customer services and see if you can sort it that way.

Failing that you can normally withdraw funds after 180 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DiegoGTRatty
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@MickySmith

Phone customer services and see if you can sort it that way.

I wish it was as easy as calling them, and hoping that they don't put you on hold for an hour, or keep telling you that it's not possible without documentation, instead of actually clicking a few things to remove limitations on accoutns that were falsely accused for scam or spoofing.

Login to Me Too

MickySmith
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately no one answers. Waited and waited and waited.

Seriously considering a letter to the Financial Services Authority. Pay Pal have my money and won't release release it.

I can understand why but as I mentioned NO REASON has been given for the sudden limitations imposed

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.