Account Limitation

gsa81
Contributor
Contributor

My account has been limited and I have went through the steps to resolve the matter - confirm identity, confirm address, add and verify bank account etc.

The latest email I reveived from Paypal has asked my to enter my business information - I do not have a buiness.  The majorityof the money I have received is from my partner to pay her half of our bills.  We thought it was easier than setting up a bank transfer!

Any advice on how I resolve this?  Of course once this is sorted we will no longer tranfer £ in this way!

I have emailed customer services but it takes them ages to respond.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sophie

Hi gsa81,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this.

It sounds like your account may have been set up under the 'Business' type, which is likely to be why you're being asked to provide this information. You should be able to update your details to reflect that you don't own a business by updating the business type to 'Individual'.

Here's how to update your details:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Beside 'Business Information', click Update.
  4. Edit your business information and click Save

Once you have done this, I'd advise contacting Customer Support so we can ensure that this is reviewed for you as a priority. You can find our contact details by clicking the 'Contact' option at the bottom of any page when logged in.

Hope this helps

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.