Account Limit?

KlydiiIsAnnoyed
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Paypal users, upon signing into my Paypal account I discovered that my account is now limited because I've nearly reached my annual limit of £1900, which I didn't know existed untl just now. It asked me to verify my account by stating my buisiness type and I don't have a buisiness! All I do is buy, restore and sell rocking horses and antique Beswick china for my mum on eBay! I don't know if Paypal thinks I'm doing something dodgy with my account but rocking horses fetch a lot of money. It comes asks if my 'ownership type' is 'individual', 'sole trader' or 'any other type of government organisation or non-profit entity' I have no idea what to do. Please help!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Found this for you if it helps. The second paragraph applies to you.

If you have a PayPal Premier or Business account then you will be asked to supply some additional information about the items you sell to lift your acount's annual receiving limit.

If you don’t have a business but do sell items on eBay or your own website, you can select ‘Individual’ from the ‘Business Type’ menu and complete those sections that are applicable to you.

We request this business information to comply with EU regulations and maintain a secure environment for all our users. Rest assured, the information you provide will not be reported to third parties without your knowledge. You can read our Privacy Policy for more details.

To provide business information, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
  2. Click the 'View Limits' link on the ‘Account Overview’ page
  3. Tick the box next to ‘Receiving Limit per year’ and click 'Lift Limits'
  4. Under ‘Business Information’ click ‘Supply Additional Information’
  5. Enter the requested information

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Found this for you if it helps. The second paragraph applies to you.

If you have a PayPal Premier or Business account then you will be asked to supply some additional information about the items you sell to lift your acount's annual receiving limit.

If you don’t have a business but do sell items on eBay or your own website, you can select ‘Individual’ from the ‘Business Type’ menu and complete those sections that are applicable to you.

We request this business information to comply with EU regulations and maintain a secure environment for all our users. Rest assured, the information you provide will not be reported to third parties without your knowledge. You can read our Privacy Policy for more details.

To provide business information, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
  2. Click the 'View Limits' link on the ‘Account Overview’ page
  3. Tick the box next to ‘Receiving Limit per year’ and click 'Lift Limits'
  4. Under ‘Business Information’ click ‘Supply Additional Information’
  5. Enter the requested information

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KlydiiIsAnnoyed
Contributor
Contributor

That's fixed it, thank you very much!

Login to Me Too

alltimeblows
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem, sadly I didnt read through the business types throroughly and therefore i chose 'Sole Trader' which i found out was incorrect as I do not own a business, Is it possible for me to change my business type? My account is currently limited.many thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi alltimeblows,

Welcome to our community page.

I am sorry to hear that. Business account type is for business owners. I am afraid you need to downgrade your PayPal account to a Personal account to change your business info. Here is how:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
2. Click Contact near the bottom of any page.
3. Select Email us.
4. Choose ‘Managing My Account’ in the Topic box, then select ‘Change account type’ in the Subtopic box and lastly select 'Downgrade my account' from the drop-down box.
5. In the Message field please write that you would like to downgrade your account and the reason why. Then, click Submit.
6. We'll review your request and email you back within 24-72 hours.

If you downgrade your account to a Personal account, please be advised of the following:

• You are able to downgrade from a Business/Premier account to a Personal account only once. If you upgrade your account to a Business/Premier account in the future, you won't be able to downgrade to a Personal account again for the lifetime of the account

• All payments received into a Personal account from eBay, auctions, Personal payments and Website Payment buttons (e.g. Buy Now Buttons, PayPal Shopping Cart, or Subscriptions payments), will be limited to the Personal account's Receiving Limit of £1,900

I hope this info helps. Thanks for posting.

Arda

Login to Me Too

Miss-Ponn
Contributor
Contributor

It won't let me do this because I still "need more information" It takes me to the page where I have to give them details and when I click resolve it's almost like it's broken. I'm having so much trouble getting through to paypal it's ridiculous!

Login to Me Too

cornwallguy7
New Community Member

why can i not order anything as i am not limited

Login to Me Too

cornwallguy7
New Community Member

i am new to this as i have not been on here long and like to buy more . i have only spent 5.99 p 

Login to Me Too

bobby-wallace01
Contributor
Contributor

can i get a loan from pay pal [750.00]

Login to Me Too

balseris
Contributor
Contributor

Was is problem no  working my paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.