A tricky situation with PayPal

NeedSeriousHelp
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all of the PayPal community, I have a pretty interesting situation. About a year age me and my son created a PayPal account for my son, he wanted to buy and sell stuff on eBay. We put it under his name so that when he bought packages and such they would say his name on them. I told him it's his account but I will always keep my eye on it. After a while I linked one of my smaller bank accounts to his PayPal when he turned 14 because he was buying something for his birthday. We had no problems with PayPal until about a moth ago. He called PayPal asking about some refund on a PayPal cash card. This representative asked for his name so he gave his name. About half way thru the call he asked his age and my son said he was 14. This representative then decided to without my permission limit the account. This account contains credit cards, and my bank account that I need to use on my own paypal account. They will now not let us close the account because they are saying it is fradulent and we broke the rules by signing up. I tried to explain that I am the one that runs the account and I just want them to close it at this point so I can add these credit cards and bank accounts to my own account. Please help me as I am running out of options. I really appreciate your time.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

NeedSeriousHelp
Contributor
Contributor

So what would you suggest I do about the bank accounts and credit cards?

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NeedSeriousHelp

You can't allow anyone else to use your paypal account or put it in a persons name that is under 18.

A paypal account is in one persons name ONLY and that person should be the only one using it and the only one who's financial info should be attached to it.

Nothing anyone can do for you, you broke the rules totally.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

NeedSeriousHelp
Contributor
Contributor

So what would you suggest I do about the bank accounts and credit cards?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NeedSeriousHelp

Nothing you can do really, unlikely you can remove them from that paypal account, its been limited and the financial info retained i suspect to stop you doing the same again with another paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.