21 day 'holding period'

Mongoose
Contributor
Contributor

My reward for 10 positive feedbacks in the last Month,most mentioning instant payments,is a 21 day holding delay slapped on.

I have been an Ebay member for 4 years,instantly despatch my sold items,and have 100% Positive feedback

Once in that time I was unlucky enough to get a non-collector/buyer,a case was auto opened and closed without the person replying

I think Paypal needs to re-assess this decision

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

calculus50
Contributor
Contributor

I absolutely agree. I have been a member since 2004, have had no issues and a 100% positive feedback. Yet I have Payment Hold slapped on just because I don't sell many goods. I have emailed PayPal several times and they will not budge. Consequently, unless they remove this stupid Hold then I will leave PayPal. Treating honest sellers the same as an unscrupulous dodgy seller is not the way forward. This Payment Hold should not have been imposed on anyone with a 100%positive feedback record.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey guys,

As part of our payment holds for new eBay sellers, we'll hold the money from your eBay transactions for up to 21 days. The funds for payments received are held temporarily as a pending balance in your account. New sellers on eBay are sellers who received payment for their first eBay sale less than 90 days ago.

Your money will be available sooner if:

•  Your buyer leaves you positive feedback

•  You provide tracking information which shows the item has been delivered more than 3 days ago.

Here are a few things you can do to reduce the likelihood of experiencing a payment hold:

Post your items with trackable postage such as Royal Mail's recorded delivery
• Process your orders right away
• Communicate early and often with your buyers
• Resolve all customer disputes quickly

If you meet the following, you’ll receive payments instantly in most cases:

• You have been an eBay and PayPal member for 6-months or more
• Your total Feedback score is 100 or greater
• Your buyer dissatisfaction percentage is less than 5%
• You are selling in a category or industry with an established history
• Your average Detailed Seller Rating is 4.5 or greater
• You have received 20 or more Detailed Seller Ratings in the last 12-months

Login to Me Too

calculus50
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you AdrianO for removing my other threads and directing me to here where, you say,  I will apparently find my answer. What I find is what I already know...that is how to get my money earlier than 21 days and why Payment Hold has been brought in. It does not address my point which is: why is a seller with a zero negative feedback track record who is NOT a new seller being treated this way. Also the 20 DSRs over the last 12 months is simply too high...I never sell that much. The intransigence of PayPal over this issue means that by Friday I will close my PayPal account. A small gesture compared to the 100 million accounts it has...but it makes me feel better. And I will never recommend PayPal to anyone else. If enough people feel like I do then maybe the word will spread.

Login to Me Too

drleeky
Contributor
Contributor

BRAVO !! IT"S LIKE YOUR INSIDE MY HEAD

Login to Me Too

MagicMarc
New Community Member

Im having to deal with this at the moment, absolutely ridiculous!!!

Login to Me Too

That's exactly how I feel.  The way I'm being treated is appalling.  They are witholding the money I needed for my rent!!! 

Login to Me Too

drleeky
Contributor
Contributor

I THINK YOU ARE JUST PLAIN LYING   IMEET YOUR RULES EXCEPT THE BOTTOM 2 WHICH COULD MEAN ANYTHING JUST A WAY TO USE MY $ FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!  PROBABLY WON"T BE A CUSTOMER / VICTIM MUCH LONGER!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

echohowl
Contributor
Contributor

I've held an account for just over 5 years now with ebay and paypal and untill this week I thought the whole system was great. Over the last few years my account has mainly done nothing as I used it for the occasional personal purchase and sale of unwanted things.

I worked as a gardener for many years but in the past I worked in IT and sales so when this year I was fourced to stop working due to physical health reasons I decided it was time to start selling with the view to becoming a full time traider. Something I could do which ment I would not be needing to lean on this already over burdoned state benefit system. 

Well off I go happily selling all my bits bobs and gadgets to get enough money together to start buying in new stock to sell on. This is the planned 1st steping stone I have up the ladder to start getting  a low income .  Alls going well for 3 months, getting faster at listing and my adverts are looking great.

my avarage ratings are all at about 4.8 @ 100% with a feedback of 54 zero complaints and things are really getting started..... (look my little star has turned blue) guess ebay are happy with how I operate my business?

"WE ARE PUTTING A HOLD ON ALL PAYMENTS MADE FOR 21 DAYS"

You must be joking surely.  I have 50 auctions running all ending within one week and all needing posting via recorded tracked post (which I always use).  I now have to put up this money up front and cant use the paid in funds to spin more money into the accounts via new orders and stock purchasing.

Good business is to keep cash flow (flowing) especially at the beginning of any business so surely if ebay and paypal (PAL E)  want people to trade and look after customers they would allow me the seller to use "MY" money however I feel is good for MY business & not to commit what I feel is a disregard for my liberties and form of fraud.

If I needed a business nanny to change my nappy and to make sure I eat my greens without being sick I would have employed a business advisor, an accountant and sales manager, not opened a merchant account with Paypal.

The 21 day hold will only cause more problems. The seller will resent paypal (and I now do), The customer will find out sooner or later be informed by me that they are feeding a green eyed monster and use other forms of payment methods and most importantly.....

Items may be delivered late (or possibly not at all).  I am lucky enough to be able to cover the costs of all my postage for the next week which if most of my sales go through will top £140 in postage but am very unlikely to post any more sales  untill I get the money back that I think belongs to me already.  Paypal you should be ashamed of yourself, this type of practice is imorral and underhand let alone un ethical.

I am searching for better ways to market and sell via non paypal linked, operated organizations and when I have found what I want I'm off.

Remember even Microsoft got ripped apart in the end! Blow too hard into that bubble and youll get a mess on your face.....

Login to Me Too

royalmarine666
New Community Member

I TOTALLY AGREE.. I AM LEAVING EBAY AND PAYPAL AND SETTING UP MY OWN WEBSITE

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.