£1 card confirmation -- When is the £1 refunded back to me?

Tropop
Contributor
Contributor

I recently added and confirmed my Credit Card to my PayPal account. PayPal charged £1 to my CC account and I entered the correspondign 4 digit code to confrim the card in my PayPal account.

However it's been over 24 hours and I've not recived the refund of the £1 back to my PayPal accoutn balance. Is this noraml? Do they refund it back to my Credit Card bank account instead of my PayPal balance?

Many thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Tropop
Contributor
Contributor

Well I solve my own question on this occasion.

For anyone elese wondering; if you are verifying a Credit Card (as opposd to a Bank Account) then PayPal efund the £1 verfication  amount back to your card and NOT to your PayPal account balance.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Breezy92
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry no one has replied to this and assisted you, 

Any charges will be refunded to you once your card is confirmed. The refund may take up to 24 hours to appear in your PayPal balance.

If you requested the PayPal code more than once, then you will find more than one charge on your card statement. The full amount of all the charges will be refunded once you've confirmed your card Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

Tropop
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Breezy,

Thanks for the answer although it didn't answer my question. If you had read my question then you would see that I know full well that the refund is meant to take 24 hours to appear on your PayPal balance. That 24 hours time period had already elapsed when I asked the question on here, and still with no sign of the £1 refund anywhere.

So I'm wondering maybe becuase it was a confirmation of a 'Credit Card' (as opposed to a straight bank account), PayPal possibly refund the £1 back to your Credit Card bank account as opposed to your PayPal balance?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
Solved

Tropop
Contributor
Contributor

Well I solve my own question on this occasion.

For anyone elese wondering; if you are verifying a Credit Card (as opposd to a Bank Account) then PayPal efund the £1 verfication  amount back to your card and NOT to your PayPal account balance.

Login to Me Too

bmwchubb
Contributor
Contributor

paypal took 3 from me and still waiting 2 years ago

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.