$1 and €1.5 for card verification and $1 for changing address!

Ahmed_iMG
Contributor
Contributor
I got 2 bank statements by SMS while verifying my debit card, first one with $1, second with €1.5, I don't get it! Also I tried to change account address and I got another statement with $1, again!! After I got my account verified, I received back only €1.5 Any explanation?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi Ahmed_iMG,

I am sure the different charges can be a little confusing. As you know the €1.50Euro charge is for confirming your card. This amount is returned and adding back to your PayPal balance once your card is confirmed.

When updating your card information on your PayPal account or making a payment, a temporary charge of up to $1.00 USD may appear in your transaction history to verify that your credit card or debit card is open and in good standing. This will generally disappear in a few days and be added back to your card account.If the authorization charge remains on your card after 30 days, contact your card issuer.

I hope this helps and thanks for posting

Paula

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi Ahmed_iMG,

I am sure the different charges can be a little confusing. As you know the €1.50Euro charge is for confirming your card. This amount is returned and adding back to your PayPal balance once your card is confirmed.

When updating your card information on your PayPal account or making a payment, a temporary charge of up to $1.00 USD may appear in your transaction history to verify that your credit card or debit card is open and in good standing. This will generally disappear in a few days and be added back to your card account.If the authorization charge remains on your card after 30 days, contact your card issuer.

I hope this helps and thanks for posting

Paula

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.