how do i change the country on my account?

AnnaNilsson
Contributeur
Contributeur

I registered my account with my french address (im swedish), now I wish to add my swedish bank account to my pay pal, how do i do to be able to change the country on my account, because when i try to change the address to my swedish one, the country option is locked on france. greatful for help!

best regards anna

Login to Me Too
3 RÉPONSES 3

PayPal_Patrice
Employé PayPal
Employé PayPal

HI AnnitaNilsson,

The rules are clear. The Paypal account has to be created in the country you are living in with the information of the country you are living in.

If you live in Sweeden, you must have a swedish account with swedish details ( card, bank, post adress, phone and so on)

You cannot change the default country, you have to remove all your financial details and close the account and create a new one in the country where you live now

Best Regards

Login to Me Too

antoine---
Nouveau membre de la communauté

This is too bad. I created my account while living in france at the time. Since then I moved to sweden, the states and now the UK for work and so can't use your services anymore.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Patrice
Employé PayPal
Employé PayPal

Hi antoine,

You can still use your PP account if you wish, but you won't be able to add your credit card neither your bank account because the format is not the same. The best thing to do is to close the account and create a new one in your country of current residency

Best Regards

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.