Is it possible to create new NVP/SOAP apps?

GinotheMan
New Community Member

I'm using a WordPress theme that was built on NVP/SOAP and it's asking for these live credentials: 

• Live Security User Id
  • Live Security Password
  • Live Security Signature
  • Application ID

I've located my NVP/SOAP API credentials, but there is no application ID. It also appears that new NVP/SOAP apps can no longer be created (see https://www.paypal-apps.com/user/my-account/applications is no longer active as of Dec 2017). 

So, how do I get this theme using NVP/SOAP to work using the new PayPal platform? 

I've tried using the above mentioned ID/PW/Signature and no application ID. That doesn't work. I've also tried using my Merchant ID and a REST app "Client ID" that I built on my account, but nothing works. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Andre

Adaptive, NVP/SOAP App, has been deprecated since Dec 1st 2017 and unless you created already an App before the cut off date is not possible anymore to submit an App request.

The alternative will be Marketplaces API, not yet fully released and available, but they are hoping to have it available very soon. You can register your interest here in the meanwhile

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.