cant pay with my credit card

Wintertime123
New Community Member

so i have my credit card connected to my paypal account and i already payed some stuff with it in the past, but somehow if i want to pay something now its not showing it as a payment option. I dont have any warnings or something and i have enoght money on my bank account so i dont realy understand the problem here. i would aprichiade it if someone could help me.

sincerly Winter

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Wintertime123,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! 

In general, if you have linked a credit card but it is not showing as a payment option, it may be that our system is preventing you from using that card for security reasons. To provide one of the safest online payment services, our internal security system reviews every payment before it's approved. Occasionally, we must change a payment method. When this happens, it's not a reflection of you or your account activities, but rather we've noticed a pattern associated with higher-than-normal risk.

To solve the issue, I would recommend clearing your cache and cookies, deleting your browser history and let the system reset for 48 hours without accessing your account. If this does not work, your best option would be to reach out to our Customer Service directly. 

If you want to contact our Customer Service, you can click ‘Help & Contact’ at the bottom of any PayPal page to see which options are available. You can also contact us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PayPalUK) or on Twitter (@AskPayPal).

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.