Unsatisfied Customer - Paypal failed to protect me

Unsatisfied2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I was curious if anyone else has dealt with a situation like this.  Approximately a little under year ago, my paypal was hacked and hit with mass unauthorized purchases from Itunes over a period of about three months.  I have never had my apple id attached to my paypal account, so whoever hacked my account purchased a ton of music.  I didn't notice at the time as I have a very high stress freelance career and it flew under the radar.  Recently, I had another account issue which I reported, that prompted me to look back and that is when I noticed the Itunes charges.  I called the next day and reported those as well.  Now here comes the strange part. Two different customer service representatives have told me over the phone that they can go back over a year to take care of a dispute, yet I keep receiving emails telling me they can't go back more than 180 days.  Paypal never sent me anything regarding the odd activity on my account, like basically every other company, if you could see the mass Itunes charges you would see how odd they are. 

Whether its over the 180 days or not I feel like Paypal should take responsibility for their failure to protect my money.  I have had nothing but good dealings with them in my four years as a customer, but personally I no longer feel safe staying with them if they are not even going to try and investigate the situation. There are many other options out there these days and it seems like problems like this are becoming more and more common. 

A very unsatisfied Customer

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

ppdickson
Contributor
Contributor

No- it wouldn't matter if you notified on time, or not. This is their way of keeping your money. I have been dealing with paypal's terrible customer service for for two months. I would copy this aggressive response from Kernowlass and keep it on record if I were you. Next- I would google class action lawsuits. That's what I am doing. I have NEVER had a complaint and one client forgot she purchased something and disputed it. I have sent emails from her with her regretful response. However, Paypal won't reverse the money. They are basically holding my money and making interest off it. Lawsuit= check 

class action= check.

Login to Me Too

ppdickson
Contributor
Contributor

In fact- no need to make record of this aggressive response. I have and plan on submitting it to.

Login to Me Too

REMOVALDOG
Contributor
Contributor

OH dear...OH DEAR oh dear oh dear, I thought the attitude of  kernowlass rang a bell, OH yes, we are old sparing partners.

Some people really shouldn't be put forward as "Advisers" in any way, shape or form me  thinks...JUST some friendly ADVISE.

Smiley Indifferent 

Login to Me Too

REMOVALDOG
Contributor
Contributor

This Kernowlass is a Volunteer adviser, eh? The eBay forum is FULL of his kind. it all seems to go STRAIGHT to their heads.

I also found him aggressive in his tone, in fact I've known members to be banned for less...unless yer an adVISER, or Moderator that is Smiley LOL

Now then, can I pick your brains?  On the eBay forum, you can't "Name & Shame"...is it the same here, do yer know?. I would like to give the 3 names (ID's) of a seller, and the 3 encrypted ID's eBay has given him, to enable him to bid-up his own auctions of Sony Laptops. 

I did TRY to go over the T's & C's of this site, but I kept falling aSLEEP 

Smiley Sad

All the best

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.