Scam?

aprilapelila
New Community Member

I recieved this e-mail, in fact one of many over the last several weeks, however once logged on through PayPal the website (not the link that was included in the e-mail, there was no notification. Since there are spelling errors and of course the sender made it seem a little off. Has anyone else gotten this type of e-mail stating it is from Paypal? I have had it several years, and this is the first time I am getting an e-mail stating I am violating any agreement.

Your account has been limited until we hear from you

We regularly check the activity of your PayPal account. Recently, we found that some of the activities you are violating your agreement with us. Therefore, we have limited your account and can not offer the service for you.

This account limitation will affect your ability to:

Send or receive money
Withdraw money from your account
Add or remove a card & bank account
Dispute a transaction
Close your account

You have 2 days from the dete of your PayPal restrictions to fully restore your account access through the Resolution Center . If we don't receive the information before this deadline, your account access may be further limited.

<removed>

Link doesn't work? Go to the Resolution Center at:<removed>

To receive emails as plain text instead of HTML, change your Notifications preferences. Just log in to your PayPalaccount, go to your Profile and click My Settings

Sincerely,

PayPal

Copyright © 1999 – 2016 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

A_TeaMz
Contributor
Contributor

The Limitations Part Is Correct. However, The Emal Seems A Little Off In A Way But, Please Call In To Phone Support & They Will Gladly Get To You & Let You Know If Your Account Has Been Limited & They Will Take Care of That For! Keep In Mind You Might Need Some Documentations So Please Have Info Such As SSN, Email For Your Account, Phone Number, Etc. Hope I Helped Clarified This Up To You But As For Help With The Limitation IF You Have One On Your Account, Please Contact PayPal Support Via Phone As PayPal Support Via Twitter Cant Discuss Specific Account Situations Such As Cases, Etc. Unless You Want A Status Update. As For The Email, If You Suspsect Spam Then Please Report It To Spoof@paypal.com Thank You!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.