The "Remodel" of your entire Website since early 2018 - NOT SO GOOD.

AZDesertRat
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal gearheads & engineers;

I know you guys are brilliant, wonderfully educated in such specialized stuff in the PC industry, and always coming up with more & more 'Great' ideas to allegedly make PayPal better.  I need to tell you that you are missing the mark for us 'country folk' who just need a PLAIN, FUNCTIONAL, READABLE, UNDERSTANDABLE, EASILY USABLE website on the PC.  You have missed the mark with your new Smart Phone compatible PayPal website.  It may be great on the iphone - but it is truly not functional on our old desktop PC's.  #1 ISSUE:  You LEFT OUT the "shipped" notification on the SUMMARY PAGE that shows us non-techies in one glance, "OK, I shipped & completed this order to my customer!"  I have contacted & emailed you, and sent nasty-grams, and called customer support about this simple little missing thing in your program writing to no avail. Sending a complaint or concern to PayPal as a Merchant; Yea, it's like spitting into the Pacific ocean. It makes no difference.  I just want you engineers to know that due to an odd situation of a customer placing two orders 1 week apart - and your INADEQUATELY DESIGNED summary page that shows "COMPLETED" WHEN THE stupid MONEY HAS BEEN PUT IN!!  It cost me a $420 dollar mistake and unacceptable (to me) order mistake for a customer of mine.  NOTE TO GENIUS COMPUTER ENGINEERS:  An order is NOT "complete" when the merchant has been paid!  A LOT has to happen yet!  Us merchants have to pack the item (well & thoroughly, I hope) SHIP the item, then NOTIFY THE CUSTOMER that the item has been shipped. Your "New & (NOT) improved" paypal website FAILS TO PUT THAT FINAL "Shipped" on the Summary page which is the FIRST (1ST) AND SOMETIMES ONLY PAGE A MERCHANT LOOKS AT TO SEE IF HE/SHE HAS GOTTEN ANY ORDERS; to make sure he/she is caught up. Your current design is incomplete.  It is inadequate. I've asked engineering/writing, whatever you call yourselves in your sheltered castles over there in the wonderful land you work & design software - all to no avail. This simple, yet necessary function on the first page when logging into my paypal, just doesn't get done, and It cost me a $420 dollar mistake and unacceptable (to me) order failure for a customer of mine.  I just want to let you know I am frustrated enough with paypal to just close down my little online business OR to drop you as my online payment handler.  Yours Truly, Sharon, With Common Sense, USA

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

sapience
Contributor
Contributor

100% agree. Annual reports are now all screwy which has made it nearly impossible to organize to do my taxes the past 2 years. I am a small business and don't have time to spend a few hours on accounting every day. It was easy enough to download all activity at the end of the year, then sort. Now it's all messed up, transactions missing, info in data fields missing, it's a mess.
NOW, I can't even track shipments because the only options in activity are archive and refund ???!!!!!

They've had over a year to figure out how to handle customer service during Covid. It's quite obvious that their decision is that they just dont give a F***. It's my damn money, and I can't even see a running balance anymore. how the hell am I supposed to know what's going on with my money??/ Then I can't even get someone on the phone.
I opened a stripe account last July, have been transitioning all my websites to them. I had a problem at 2 AM last week AND a Stripe rep literally called me within 1 minute of placing a tech support request. It was literally seconds.
I am so damned disgusted with Pay Pal. If they want to be a bank then they should just make a decision because as a 3rd party credit card processing company they now suck. Their customer service is non-existent and their website platform is a hot mess. I don't need extra stress just when checking my money, etc. YET they have managed to make using their platform a stressful part of my day. I'm sick of it.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Note: The “Completed” status is not meant to help with one’s order processes. It refers to a payment’s status in terms of PayPal getting the payment to you. (ie, “Pending” Payment or “Completed” payment) When PayPal had the “Needs Attention” tag which IS to help people with their order processes, people complained over seeing that and out it went. So to PayPal, I say, “Ignore these people. You do you.” 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

AZDesertRat
Contributor
Contributor

👎👎👎  To your comment, Sharpiemaker.  Most of the original retailers using PayPal at its inception when it was only a sub-branch of Ebay are busy, Normal people with real jobs, families, and lives outside of the realm of the bizarre sub-culture known as computer geeks.  These Ebay sellers needed to have a SIMPLE, functional, easy to read payment program that could give them fast answers so they could keep their end of the bargain and SHIP QUICKLY to their buyer.  On Ebay, they were graded, or Starred, on their shipping speed. The OLD PROGRAM did that in aces, because it marked "PAID" on the first page, not "COMPLETED".  Paid IS NOT completed.  The transaction is hardly completed!  

Then came the smart phone, and the PayPal program was made compatible to that - and made awkward and non-functional on PC Desktops. Lacking in basic common sense is the main characteristic of 99.9% of Computer Programmers, IT people, and software designers. Their adding of the word "COMPLETE" to an act that ONLY HAD JUST TAKEN STEP ONE (the payment was recently received) is a perfect example of their basic lack of common sense in the real world, and further, their complete lack of understanding of what an online retailer needs in the real world. But what do they care about the quality of their work? They got paid anyway, for building a crap product

So, in conclusion, PayPal didn't care to meet the needs of their many Ebay clients, and many of us left PayPal for other Payment Handling Systems that were not only better - but less expensive. 

So, Sharpiemaker, I did me.  

P.S. Do you really make Sharpie pens?  Do you work at a Sharpie manufacturing plant?  I've got some comments on the quality of them in recent years as well. 

Login to Me Too

AZDesertRat
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Sapience,

I just want to send a quick hello and tell you that I hear you, I understand your frustration, even though PayPal doesn't - and PayPal probably never will. A while back, when I heard that PayPal was applying for the permits to become a bank in the US - I nearly fell off my chair. What a massively **bleep** up house of confusion and incompetence that would be; essentially nothing more than a front to launder illicit money.  It's blatantly OBVIOUS that PayPal used the LOW Bidder for their 2016-2019 computer re-do of their formerly quite functional payment handling system.  In fact, I'm quite sure that the owner of PayPal hired one of his little nephew's high school computer geek friends to do it...

I just GAVE UP on PayPal and went to another 3rd Party processer. And unfortunately, with the insane rise in shipping fees and the shipper's concurrent lack of dependable service, I am reaching the end of a previously fun side-line business.

I believe many more small, online, sellers will do the same [And maybe that was the whole idea for the CCP Plandemic in the first place]

Eventually PayPal will probably only have the ChiComm, cheap, shoddy, incompetent sellers (who don't give a S*** about timely shipping or anything else for that matter - only the prospect of getting that payment in their account)  Then one day, PayPal will wake up - when all these sellers have emptied their accounts and run under a rock with their cash and a bunch of warrants out on them - and find it has no legitimate business left. 

If there is one thing (most) USA sellers, and manufacturers can teach Global sellers it is this: QUALITY COUNTS. EARNEST DESIRE TO DO A GOOD, FAIR, HONEST, JOB FOR ONE'S CUSTOMER COUNTS.  And PayPal, and many thousands of shoddy global sellers on the world-wide-web in the 21st Century don't get this, and never will.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.