Not receiving any IPN messages from IPN simulator

olexandrman
Contributor
Contributor

When I use IPN simulator I can not get any reponse on my listener (on host or on locallhost (use ngrok)). I get next error: "IPN was not sent, and the handshake was not verified. Please review your information. ". But if I use Ipn notifications from PayPal in sandbox enviroment, I receive all responces. What happened? Maybe IPN simulator does not work? Can I use "http://" (not https://) for ipn listener?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, the simulator seems to be down for me as well right now.

Actually, I've noticed over the past week or so the sandbox as a whole has had something going on with it.  The majority of my sandbox accounts no longer allow me to login (invalid credentials.)  Some of them let me after I change the password on the account and some of them still don't.  

The developer account was actually giving messages about how the sandbox accounts were unavailable at one point, too, and it wouldn't list any of them at all when that was happening.

So it's a bummer when the simulator isn't working well, but if you're able to process sandbox transactions and it's working there then that's a better test anyway.

Hopefully the issues will be worked out before long.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, the simulator seems to be down for me as well right now.

Actually, I've noticed over the past week or so the sandbox as a whole has had something going on with it.  The majority of my sandbox accounts no longer allow me to login (invalid credentials.)  Some of them let me after I change the password on the account and some of them still don't.  

The developer account was actually giving messages about how the sandbox accounts were unavailable at one point, too, and it wouldn't list any of them at all when that was happening.

So it's a bummer when the simulator isn't working well, but if you're able to process sandbox transactions and it's working there then that's a better test anyway.

Hopefully the issues will be worked out before long.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.