IPN Simlulator Broken - IPN was not sent, and the handshake was not verified

horba
Contributor
Contributor

Weeks ago I had the IPN simulator working perfectly as expected. Since then, I have sent many many real IPN payments using my credit card, all sucessful happy through each segment of the process.

However, now before launching my project live I want to send some funny characters through the pipes to see if it still performs. To my unpleasent suprise, the simulator is now proken:

IPN was not sent, and the handshake was not verified. Please review your information.

Thinking it was me due to using a free cert from startssl, I spent money on a fresh ssl certificate for a fancy green lock logo. Didnt help, still complains with the error message no matter what.

I could just ignore it and carry on since real payments work. However it just doent feel right. I dont want to play games and dilly-dally. That just seems untollerably sloppy. I want to do it right and be assured in my mind that I tested all that I imagined testing.

Why does it now fail to even send the link to my server?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

paddelboot
New Community Member

I have the same issue with an app that has been working for 2+ years. Sandbox transactions fail with a Error 403 aswell. Not sure what they did to IPN, or where I can get infos. Everything seems a bit broken at this point (Sandbox pages loading without CSS, contradictory transaction status, faulty URLs, etc). 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.