cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPN Simlulator Broken - IPN was not sent, and the handshake was not verified

IPN Simlulator Broken - IPN was not sent, and the handshake was not verified

Weeks ago I had the IPN simulator working perfectly as expected. Since then, I have sent many many real IPN payments using my credit card, all sucessful happy through each segment of the process.

However, now before launching my project live I want to send some funny characters through the pipes to see if it still performs. To my unpleasent suprise, the simulator is now proken:

IPN was not sent, and the handshake was not verified. Please review your information.

Thinking it was me due to using a free cert from startssl, I spent money on a fresh ssl certificate for a fancy green lock logo. Didnt help, still complains with the error message no matter what.

I could just ignore it and carry on since real payments work. However it just doent feel right. I dont want to play games and dilly-dally. That just seems untollerably sloppy. I want to do it right and be assured in my mind that I tested all that I imagined testing.

Why does it now fail to even send the link to my server?

1 REPLY
Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: IPN Simlulator Broken - IPN was not sent, and the handshake was not verified

I have the same issue with an app that has been working for 2+ years. Sandbox transactions fail with a Error 403 aswell. Not sure what they did to IPN, or where I can get infos. Everything seems a bit broken at this point (Sandbox pages loading without CSS, contradictory transaction status, faulty URLs, etc).