Has Paypal any technical assistance service?

Juanma1979
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! 

Is there anybody there?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MTS_Justin
Hello,

What is your issue ?

Can you provide some details so I can review and try to assist you ?

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Juanma1979
Contributor
Contributor

My problem is:

I'm trying to implemment Paypal in a web site of a client. I'm new with Paypal. And IPN doesn't send anything, a very very nice technitian called Grabielle alreday told me I have to wait 2-3 days to get the issue fixed and receive the IPN's that are QUEUED to make the final tests, check the report, erase the database items, send an e-mail to the client, save a report and so on. I cannot do any of those things until the system is being fixed.

But I've got other questions that are not well explained in paypal service.

1.- The button notify_url does the same job than IPN from the panel?

2.- If I have set an URL in the button is necesary to do it so in the client instant notification panel?

3.- In case I want to send a variable with the internal (mywebsite)ID number of the operation throught your payment system, where do I have to set that variable? in the html code? in the buttons squared textbox?(where you write that of notify_url:https....?)

By the way, thanks thanks thanks thanks for answering

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

You've posted this question in the "sandbox" forum, but the issue is related to IPN. I'll answer your questions, but I'll be moving the thread in the "IPN" section of this forum afterward.

1.- The button notify_url does the same job than IPN from the panel?

-- Yes

2.- If I have set an URL in the button is necesary to do it so in the client instant notification panel?

-- No

3.- In case I want to send a variable with the internal (mywebsite)ID number of the operation throught your payment system, where do I have to set that variable? in the html code? in the buttons squared textbox?(where you write that of notify_url:https....?)

-- You would need to use the "custom" variable and pass this variable and a value (your website id number) within the html code

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Juanma1979
Contributor
Contributor

Hi again Justin!

you said:

"-- You would need to use the "custom" variable and pass this variable and a value (your website id number) within the html code"

what I want to pass is the id of the buying that I have stored in my database, so when IPN send me the whole data I need to catch this variable, check it in the database and move all the data to my table called "verificated_booking", so I make all the changes in the booking database. Is that possible and correct?

I'm sorry Justin for my clumsiness but I'm new here, sorry if I don't post in the correct way or somewhere different, just because I have no idea what's going on. Right now I feel like trying to get to a place in an unkwonwed city with a broken map and nobody I ask in the street can tell where I go or they just keep on walking

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.