what is a paypal expuse charge and why was I charged it?

Hallzcloset2
Contributor
Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

Helpful_User
New Community Member

Did you recently get confirmed or verified?  I forgot what term PayPal uses.  It's when they want to confirm you are actually you.  When I did it, I had two options; give social security number or give them the okay to charge my credit card that they already had (they already made a few charges on it in the past but I guess that didn't count).  PayPal charged my credit card $1.95 and gave me a $1.95 credit on my PayPal account.  I want to say it took a week for the credit on my PayPal account.

Hope this helps...

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

As the question is not really clear, assuming you are referring to an amount for verifiying either a credit card or bank account, here's how things work.

Account Verification tips:

Credit cards would receive the 4 digit code on a line with a US $1.95 (or equivalent in some other countries) charge. The number would appear before the word PayPal on your credit card statement. To enter your PayPal code, log in to your PayPal account, click Profile at the top of the page and click Credit Cards under Financial Information. Upon entering the proper code, that amount is refunded to your PayPal balance.

Bank accounts are sent two random deposits to establish that there's a good path between PayPal and your bank for future transactions, as well as to demonstrate that the account holder has access to the records for the bank account on file with PayPal. It can take up to 3 days to complete the verification process. Once you enter your bank account details, PayPal will make 2 small deposits (less than $1.00) into your account. After you confirm the deposit amounts, PayPal will link your account.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.