Where is my $5 for adding and using my checking acct instead of my Credit Card

iggy
Contributor
Contributor

I  just won a bid on eBay and when paying with PayPal it said add your checking acct. and you get $5 off of this purchase.

Well I did it and used the checking account to pay but I don't see any -$5 from PayPal.

Question is when does this happen and if not how do I contact PayPal?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

KatRobins
Contributor
Contributor

I also have this question. I read on the help center that cash back on purchases through Bing and Ebay are transferred to your account once the cash back balance is more than $5, but I don't know how you check where this is credited. Also, I don't know if the balance has to be specifically greater than $5, or if can be greater than or equal to $5. Hopefully someone will help us both with the specifics!

Login to Me Too

bobk88
Contributor
Contributor

I saw this offer too, but not from an eBay purchase.  I did not see the discount added after setting up my checking account.  I tried to click back to the page where I'd seen the offer, but it told me I'd already completed the transaction, so it wouldn't let me to that page.

I searched the site and tried the interactive online help, and found no mention of this offer.

I called customer support, and a very rude, condescending representative insisted that PayPal did not make such an offer, and it could only have come from the vendor - which I knew was false.  I wish I'd taken her name, and asked to speak with a supervisor, because this was one of the most exasperating customer service experiences I've ever had.   It felt like a scam.

Login to Me Too

eyebuycrap
New Community Member

scenerio is exactly what happened to me. have not called customer service - checked here first. very disappointing...

Login to Me Too

eyebuycrap
New Community Member

6 to 8 weeks and we'll all forget that we made the transaction.

Login to Me Too

zooski
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same offer with an eBay purchase on October 30. I also called customer support which was very supportive. He apologized for the confusion of the Papal offer and I was told that the $5 credit would 'appear' on or after November 15 in the account. I did not see an explanation of the terms of the offer at the time of purchase - it seemed the $5 discount would apply to that transaction. Just wanted to make sure it was not a scam - we'll see.

Login to Me Too

KatRobins
Contributor
Contributor

Customer Service emailed me this information:

Thank you for contacting PayPal, my name is Chantal and I am happy to
assist you today.

K, I hope all is well with you, my name is Chantal and I would
be happy to assist you with this inquiry. The $5.00 cash back will be
credited to your PayPal balance between 11/14/09 and 12/3/09. I do
appreciate your patience and understanding in regards to this.

Sincerely,
Chantal
PayPal Consumer Support
PayPal, an eBay Company

Login to Me Too

zooski
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I did receive the $5 Credit - Hang in there everyone!  

Now from here, I don't know if I can use the credit on a future purchase or have it deposited into the checking account.? Add that to the $0.01 and $0.13 I received to verify the checking account and I have $5.14 more than I had yesterday!

Too bad it was all so confusing.

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone for adding your bank account through this offer.  The $5 cash back will be credited to your PayPal account 6-8 weeks after your bank account has been added and you'll receive an email notifying you once the cash back has been deposited. 

To read the full Terms of this offer, including the expected timeframe to receive the $5 cash back, please click on the 'Terms' link located on the offer banner.  I’ve also included the Terms below.

Amanda

TERMS

Adding your bank is easy, and you’ll get the flexibility to pay online by bank or credit card.  Your cash back will appear within 6-8 weeks in your PayPal account.  Limited to one offer per PayPal account.

This bank account will become the default payment source for most of your transactions.  You can change this each time you make a payment.  View PayPal policies and your payment source rights.

To be eligible for this Offer, you must (1) have a confirmed U.S. PayPal account in good standing, (2) sign up for the Offer by clicking the banner on the Review Your Payment Page, (3) add your bank account by entering your bank routing and account numbers, (4) purchase using your PayPal account through which you clicked on the Offer banner, and (5) if asked, complete the verification process for your bank account.

The following transactions are excluded from this offer: PayPal Mobile transactions, gift certificate and gift card purchases, PayPal Debit Card payments, payments made when you are not logged into your PayPal account, and all debit card and credit card funded purchases or any send money functionality not associated with a purchase. If the payment is refunded after you receive the cash back, PayPal will deduct the cash back amount from your account.

We reserve the right to cancel, suspend, or modify in part or in sum this Offer at any time without notice, for any reason in our sole discretion.  This Offer cannot be transferred.

Login to Me Too

rgr1610
New Community Member

Oh great!! Smiley Sad There were no terms and conditions for me to look at during this process and I purchased a gift card using paypal.  This is not right.  do not advertise something available to a customer and not be upfront on the terms and conditions.. If I don't get this $5 you can bet that I will remove my cking account from paypal and maybe even stop using it!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.