Issue Refund button gone-using Send Money doesn't connect to auctions...

ibqueenbee42
New Community Member

Okay, Paypal has removed the issue refund option on the payment details page.  It says the following: 

Refund:
To refund this payment in part of full for any reason, please use the Send Money tab. The Refund Payment option is available for 60 days after a payment was sent.

The problem I have with this is that it doesn't connect with the actual auction.  If you send money and indicate that it is for Ebay Items, it locks you out and says something like Ebay recommends you pay for this item using Ebay checkout and doesn't let you do anything further.  Then if you say its for goods, it doesn't give you the option to put in an item number.  I have refunded 2 this way but DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL, as it doesn't show on the item as being refunded it still shows as having been paid for and when it's showing as paid for, it doesn't give the option to cancel the transaction.  The customer wanted it cancelled and their money back and now they are upset with me because I can't cancel the transaction with the cancel transaction form.  Any input?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Paypal moved the refund link .

Se post #6 of this paypal thread

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Paypal/No-More-Partial/520190761#1268778422932

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

That note is some programmer doing something stupid - ignore it.

The refund link HAS moved, but it's now in the middle of the entries for the transaction - click on it and it works just fine.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.