Ioffer Scam

Densu12
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed on IOFFER by a vendor who's email is (shablaowai on hotmail). i bought an ipod from him. what i received that i had to sign for was a small box. in it was a string with a button on it. I file complaint with Paypal, but today

i received email that said they had declined my claim because the seller provided a tracking number.

Paypal has to know that there are many paypal users who were defrauded by this individual and others but they do not want to pay so they ignore the collective evidence.

All defrauded paypal users should unite in a patition to paypal for review of our collective claims.

anyone wishing to persue to this end can use my claim and contact me for additional info on seller at "dennis.w.brooks@comcast.net"

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

cosmodolly
New Community Member

hello, i have just bought some boots on i offer and paid with paypal and instead got some stupid china pill boxes worth probably about $1!!! a total scam! paypal has just reply and say they cant do anything about it basically! can u help anyone on what to do next?

im most annoyed!

Login to Me Too

Densu12
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry you got scammed too.

i really don't know what to tell you.

paypal knows these guys are scamming people but

refuse to do anything about it. They have had numerous

complaints like yours and mine but let them get away

with it.

my opinion now is that paypal is just as bad as the scammers.

they talk a big game about protection but i no longer believe it.

the only thing i can suggest is to bid on this guys other offers

if he is still selling. bid very low and then keep writing negative

comments and warning other buyers...

Login to Me Too

TonyCedeno
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I just became another IOFFER/Paypal scams statistic.

In my case, I ordered a pair of sunglasses and received a box with a cheap pendant on it. (At least it wasn't a button !)

I also filed a complaint with Paypal, and also received an email stating that they had declined my claim because the seller provided a tracking number. That's all it takes for Paypal to acknowledge a legal shipment !

I have to agree that Paypal is aware of these Paypal sellers who defraud buyers, and ignore all the evidence.

Let's all unite for a petition for Paypal to review of our collective claims.. I'm in. My email is: tonycedeno@hotmail.com

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You guys need to read the Paypal User Agreement.

Except on ebay, where Paypal has special arrangements, you cannot file a dispute for "Not as Described".  They'll only cover "Item not received" and all the seller has to do for that claim is to show that they delivered something to you.

What you should always do is pay with a credit card - that way you have extra protection.

As far as these scammers are concerned, talk to the Post Office and file complaints of mail fraud with the Postal Inspectors.  These guys have more powers than the police and they may be able to do something.

Login to Me Too

TonyCedeno
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, now I know that's in the user agreement. I was used to the protection offered to ebay buyers and didn't notice until it was too late.

Most people don't bother to read. First because there's a lot to read, you need time to understand and figure out where a problem would be, and most importantly, just assume that Paypal is there to make sure that the transaction is completed correctly for both the seller and the buyer. But under this circumstance, you may as well just wire cash and hope that the seller sends your purchase !

I guess the point is not whether it's in the agreement or not. The point is that is not easy for a buyer to realize that they could be scammed by it, and that it is wrong for Paypal to accept a simple confirmation receipt as good faith proof from the seller. Specially when several similar complaints have been received for the seller, and the seller has been already identified as a fraudelent one using these modus operandi by another company such as IOFFER and set by them as "Restricted".

The Post Office is a good idea. Too bad that many of these scammers, as it is my case, are located abroad where they have no authority.

Thanks for your comment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.