How do I change the payment notification email address?

gleaman66

How do I change the payment notification email address? I added a second email address to my account and made it the primary email address where I want my payment notifications to be sent.

My problem is the payment notifications are still being sent to the original email address that I used to create the account, not to the new primary email address. 

Is there another preference I need to change to get the payment notification to be sent to the primary email address?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Check the "business" variable value in your item button code.   The email notification is sent to address that is provided to PayPal by the "business" variable value.

Note, if your item button code is clear text meaning not "hosted" or "encrypted", then you can easily find the "business" variable and see it's value.   If you have created "encryped" item button code, then you will need to delete the old code and recreate it.  If you have created "hosted" item button code, no changes are necessary.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.