DO I NEED A SSL CERTIFICATE WITH PAYPAL PRO, IF SO WHERE DO I GET IT?

ttomray
New Community Member

HAVING TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING SSL CERTIFICATES! I HAVE A WEBSITE I'M TRYING TO BUILD AT HOMESTEAD AND THIS HAS ME STUMPED! WOULD LIKE TO USE PAYPAL PRO AND IT LOOKS LIKE I NEED A SSL CERTIFICATE BUT NEED SOME DIRECTION IF SOMEONE CAN HELP.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Yes.

* Website Payments PRO costs $30/month plus transaction fees.
You need a business account and you interact with the PayPal engine via API calls. Pro is designed for your customer to have the option to pay with credit card and stay on your site. The customer completes the transaction on your site, they are not redirected to PayPal to complete the payment. This method gives you control over the customer experience. Note, you will also be required to meet current Payment Card Industry or PCI compliance standards. Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) are network security and business practice guidelines adopted by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card, and JCB to establish a "minimum security standard" to protect customer’s payment card information. This is a requirement for all merchants that store, transmit, or process payment card information. Pro is currently only available to US, UK and Canadian Accounts.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.