Buyer want me to ship to an address other than his confirmed address.

kbanks
New Community Member

I sold an item to a buyer in Canada. He has a confirmed address in paypal but is asking me to ship to another address. He says that he recently moved and can not change his address due to a problem with his credit card. Am I protected in any way if I ship an item to an address other than the one that paypal gives me? He is being very persistent that I ship this item to him and I am afraid that he is going to leave a neg. This item was also over a hundred dollars and the buyer only has 5 feedback. Any advice will be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

victim20091
Contributor
Contributor

don't do it.  I just got scam recently by ship to different address and buyer's bank reverse the payment transaction.  I think someone hacked the buyer's account and therefore ask to ship to different address.   The buyer may telling the truth, but you neven know.  I lose alomost 280 and I need the back to buy gift.  **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

Completely Agree. This has fraud writen all over it. DO NOT ship to alternate address other than the address on the paypal payment confirmation.

Login to Me Too

Timocracy

On the contrary, many of us who have suffered from identity fraud now have all financial accounts directed to a locked PO Box rather than our home street address. All the credit cards and checking accounts point to the PO Box as they should. But PayPal in it's myopic view of the world, thinks the only confirmable address is the one the bank accounts are linked to. Some vendors can't / won't ship to a PO Box because only USPS can serve as a carrier. I want UPS or FedEx to send me my goods at my home address. I'm not going to open a special account tied to my home address just so some bonehead program at PayPal can confirm my address. I'm not budging on this one and neither is PayPal, so I carve PayPal out of the picture every chance I get.

So if you don't want to ship to my unconfirmed address and are too lazy to pick up the phone, then I don't want to do business with you either.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.