wrong shipping address

dreamtiwas
New Community Member

I confirmed a shipment to my old address. I don't want my order to go to my old address. I changed the home address in my profile to my current address, but the shipping address is still my old one. What do I do?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunally your post is bit foggy. If you're trying to correct the address after the transaction, that won't work. You will need to contact the seller before the item is shipped, else the item will go to old address.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

jjjjjj
New Community Member

skier,

I see u do not get paid to be a nice guy. U are foggy. The statement is how do u make it right for the future. Just like my concern, ebay has my address as one and paypal has me as another and ebay sends me to paypal to make it right, paypal has the corret address. Paypal has people like u giving answers.  How about slow down and enjoy what u do.........But I know u will have a problem with what u are reading about yourself.

jjjjjjjj

Login to Me Too

PolyannaNana
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for confirming I am not the only one who has problems with all the ADDRESSES!!! 

Paypal should have nothing to do with the SHIPPING, the seller should!

Dude, chill out.......................

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

When sending a PayPal payment for an item which is to be shipped, the buyer must provide the shipping address and the seller must ship to that address in order to qualify for PayPal's seller protection.

The "ship to" address is displayed during the send money procedure, and... the buyer is given the opportunity to correct the "ship to" address if the wrong address is displayed.

In addition, the buyer can subsequently check the payment details from his PayPal account activity or history page to see whether the correct "ship to" address was included with the payment. If the address is not correct, the buyer should immediately ask the seller to refund the payment so that the buyer can resend the payment with the correct "ship to" address.

Login to Me Too

PolyannaNana
Contributor
Contributor

So, I think I understand. If you are paying with PAYPAL, your "Ship To" address is what PAYPAL shows when "checking out." 

I you pay with PAYPAL, the address you have with PAYPAL supercedes any addresses you have with EBAY?

Thank you for clearing this up for many of us.

Login to Me Too

PolyannaNana
Contributor
Contributor

Be very careful about the shipping address. I had one address for my "Registration Address" and another for my "Shipping Address". The Ebay seller shipped to my "Registration Address". I also paid for insurance (which only protects the seller, I found out later!).

Seller refused to take responsibility for mistake. I filed a claim with PayPal and lost (as everyone told me I would). Because someone I did not know signed for the shipment at my "Registration Address" PayPal refused to credit my account. I never had the opportunity to prove to PayPal that I did not sign for the shipment and I didn't know who did!!!  So, I was **bleep**ed out of $40. PayPal always rules in favor of seller, even if you have an "over 10 years old" account with them.

Then by the time all was resolved, I could not leave negative feedback for the Seller because the item disappeared from my history on EBay!!! 

My suggestion is to never use PayPal believing they will do anything to help a Buyer!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

GazLanNaThai

I cannot believe you are making this complaint -

quote - "Because someone I did not know signed for the shipment at my "Registration Address" PayPal refused to credit my account."

To me (and probably to PayPal staff too) this reads that you have used an address, to which you have no ties and no control nor association, in order to register a PayPal account. 

This is exactly what hundreds of complaints on the eBay boards each week accuse scam sellers of doing - e.g. Nigerian scammer uses real US address fraudulently to register an eBay and PayPal account, then starts listing thousands of scam listings on eBay.

There may be genuine reasons why you use a registered address at a location where you know no-one (e.g. a company registration address in Delaware when you are in Alaska or California) but they are few and would most likely lead to more problems than they resolve, when using PayPal to buy and sell online.

There is also possibility here that you are in breach of both the eBay and PayPal user agreements for providing inaccurate or misleading contact or registration information. 

Lastly, read the terms of the PayPal Seller Protection Policy - it requires sellers to ship to the buyer's verified REGISTERED address, not to a delivery or gifting address the buyer adds to their PayPal account afterwards. 

If you only ever learn one side of the PayPal transaction system, there will always be tears (to paraphrase my Nana).

Remember - rules and regulations are not put there to let you ignore your own responsibility towards due diligence. I feel sorry you've had a loss, but how you've described the cause, leads me to think this is a classic case of needing to read the instructions before use.  I shipped tens of thousands of packages to eBay buyers when I still sold there, but only every used the non-registered addresses of very long term repeat customers as a special concession - every other package went only to the registered address otherwise.  And I'm not alone in making that a firm rule.

Login to Me Too

PolyannaNana
Contributor
Contributor

My registration address was left the same as we had just moved! I agree I should have changed it but I had to pay for the transaction and I "thought" I had to re-verify my registration address. I left it the same and just changed the shipping address. We had 20-30 prior transactions with this setup and we received every one of them except this transaction. I was told that the Seller ALWAYS ships to the SHIPPING address, thus the name! 

Who do you think you are accusing me of some scam.  I don't even know what your are talking about. It seems you know much more about those that try to cheat Paypal than I do. The seller could have worked with me but refused. But, I expected someone like yourself to comment. Someone who does not know what they are talking about and making accusations that simply are not true. My job requires a security clearance and I would never try to do anything illegal or unethical. Your post affends me, but I am never suprised by the lack of compassion or fair play on this forum.

WHY is there a REGISTRATION address and a SHIPPING address? Doesn't the word SHIPPING imply where to SHIP?  I don't need an answer, it is obvious.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.