why do i have to put bank info on here???

SSgt_Luke
New Community Member

when you go to finish up the account information why do you have to put bank account information on there???

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

sagray3

"call their Customer Service Department as these folks get paid to listen to people like you.  We don't."

so you answered the question just for your personal amusement?

Login to Me Too

gearsmithy
Contributor
Contributor

The reason paypal requires (read "wants") your bank account information is so that they can pull funds out of your account without your approval to cover things like fraudulent chargebacks (see all the scam postings in this community).  Make sure you read the fine print when you sign up.

Login to Me Too

Carolina10

4949wright

i dont understand i just put my credit info in

Login to Me Too

bmangan1
Contributor
Contributor

I am with you.  What is pay pal trying to do to us.  I updated my profile recently checking off all appropriate boxes stating that I only wanted to use my master card credit card for purchases.  Pay Pal honered this request for a few recent purchases then, don't ask me why debited by checking account which has caused me a financial shortate this month.  I am so angry.  Yesterday, I went on line and removed my banking information completely.  I guess, like children, you must take things away from them so they can't do this to me again.  Then I got an e-mail from them stating it had been removed and to please reenter it.

FYI., for a long time I was using my checking debit for all purchases because this worked for me and when it no longer worked for me I updated my request in profile to only use credit card.  Don' t give them your information, see what happens.  Lots of luck

Login to Me Too

kmc36

I wouldn't mind giving the details to pay pal only but its the merchants that are asking you to enter it on their forms which defeats the whole purpose of having a  pay pal account.Twice last night I cancelled a sale on line because I couldn't  enter the info to the pay pal site without the seller having it to.I"m cofused?????

Login to Me Too

sagray3

what part of your brain did you have surgically removed to come up with that answer?

You don't need to "verify" anything to create a paypal account.

Login to Me Too

alicenwonderlan
New Community Member

I went to work for an online company which paid me through paypal.  I don't understand why i have to give paypal my bank information to access MY money?  "verify" my patootie,  I think that it's only fair for paypal to send everyone THEIR bank info so that we can verify who THEY are,  when that happens you can have my account info. Until that happens Paypal has stolen my money, and I refuse to deal with a dishonest company.

Login to Me Too

fishergirl848
New Community Member

I am brand new and my question in regards to the checking account info is:  If paypal sets this as your default; can you still use your credit card instead. 

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@fishergirl848 wrote:

I am brand new and my question in regards to the checking account info is:  If paypal sets this as your default; can you still use your credit card instead. 

Yes... you can change the bank account default funding to any other funding source you have linked to your PayPal account... just click on the "More Funding options" link...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.