why do i have to put bank info on here???

SSgt_Luke
New Community Member

when you go to finish up the account information why do you have to put bank account information on there???

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

bmangan1
Contributor
Contributor

You would think you have a choice, you do to a point, if you aren't paying very close attention when purchasing something on line and mess up on not checking off a box or checking the wrong one the wrong account will be charged.  I updated my profile recently to only use my Mastercard.  We'll they honored this for a few purchases, then don't ask me why, they found a way to debit my checking account,.  This caused me problems for the month as you can imagine.  I removed all banking information from the website, now all they have is my master card information. 

@fishergirl848 wrote:

I am brand new and my question in regards to the checking account info is:  If paypal sets this as your default; can you still use your credit card instead. 

Login to Me Too

jones37083
New Community Member

WHY  have you all started asking for our bank info??? This is suppose to be confident,, I dont understand why you have to verify our BANK info to prove who were are when we are buying things from ebay.. I am worried now that I may not have any money left in my bank account,, I dont have much as it is,

This is so wrong!! in so many levels..

Login to Me Too

retiredlady
Contributor
Contributor

I AGREE....WHEN I FIRST STARTED USING MY CARD THIS WASN'T THE CASE, WHY ALL THE SUDDEN???  I HAVE TO ADD A BANK TO MAKE A PAYMENT TO PAYPAL, BUT IT ALSO TAKES THE MONEY FROM MY CHECKING ACCOUNT, WHEN I MAKE A PURCHASE....WHAT AM I DOING WRONG.  THE ONLY THING I COULD DO TO CORRECT IT, WAS TO REMOVE THE BANK, THEN ADD IT BACK ON WHEN I MAKE MY NEXT PAYMENT.  I'VE BEEN WAITING ALMOST A WEEK TO USE THE CARD AGAIN BUT IT WON'T LET ME, SAYS MY PAYMENT IS PENDING....NOT SO, NOTHING IS PENDING!!!!  THIS CARD IS A PAIN, TIME TO PAY OFF!!! 

Login to Me Too

dlang
New Community Member

i have been purchasing on ebay since 2005 and using paypal. i am now being told that i've reached $10,000 limit and that if i want to continue i have to either  give my bank aqccount info or take a paypal credit card. i have never had a problem with my paying with the credit card. i'm told i need to verify so that sellers and paypal know that i'm an honest buyer. well i've been purchaseing and paying with paypal since 2005 with no problems of payment to paypal. i've always paid my bill promptly. what more verification that i am who i say i am?  with all the problems out there with people having their bank accounts being hacked into i'm not going to give out my account info. with the present credit card i've been using there is never been a problem. another credit card added to my credit report is not needed. if this is what i need to do in order to continue shopping ebay then i guess i don't need to purchase anything moer on ebay or deal with paypal anymore. to me this seems like i'm being forced to either give my bank account or use your credit card so i guess i opted out to deal with some other auction online

Login to Me Too

clc

I so agree with you...I have called paypal,the first person didn't speak English good enough for me to understand,so called back,she didn't transfer,as ask,hung up...Second was better but still didn't answer,my question...I have been on eBay since the beginning..I have bought and sold ,have all positive feedback...Now I can't buy auctions...So will go to other sources..Very flustering..As I have used paypal to use other sites..And its impossible to get a hold of help.

Login to Me Too

Booboo1223
New Community Member

YES!!!  I'm a victim to this mess too.  A few years ago I had someoen hack into my E-Bay account and I IMMEDIATELY closed my  PayPal account for fear of  financial "wipe out".  I never re-opened it until......

now because a seller only allowed to be paid with PayPal so in order to pay this one merchant I've been forced to link my bank account .  Once it's done, I think I'm done!!  I've had enough punishment. 

FYI, E-Bay now states in their payment by laws that PayPal is the only acceptable way to pay for items other than a small category of individual items such as adult material, autos, and the likes thereof.

Login to Me Too

Lenore

I am trying to get an answer as to..if your paypal is attached to your credit card, why is there a limit on your spending.  The 10,000 rule, where does that come from?  Mr card has not imposed this limit why does paypal?  Thanks, Lenore

Login to Me Too

bmangan1
Contributor
Contributor

I hear you.  If they **bleep** up again, I am cancelling my pay pal account.  Ebay will adjust to taking creditr cards eventually and cut out the middleman. 

@dlang wrote:

i have been purchasing on ebay since 2005 and using paypal. i am now being told that i've reached $10,000 limit and that if i want to continue i have to either  give my bank aqccount info or take a paypal credit card. i have never had a problem with my paying with the credit card. i'm told i need to verify so that sellers and paypal know that i'm an honest buyer. well i've been purchaseing and paying with paypal since 2005 with no problems of payment to paypal. i've always paid my bill promptly. what more verification that i am who i say i am?  with all the problems out there with people having their bank accounts being hacked into i'm not going to give out my account info. with the present credit card i've been using there is never been a problem. another credit card added to my credit report is not needed. if this is what i need to do in order to continue shopping ebay then i guess i don't need to purchase anything moer on ebay or deal with paypal anymore. to me this seems like i'm being forced to either give my bank account or use your credit card so i guess i opted out to deal with some other auction online

Login to Me Too

keyk_debi
Contributor
Contributor

if you want to add the bank account, it would really need to go through a verification process before you could use it. i like it because what if someone was able to get my bank account information and add it to paypal? so, paypal would just let him use it not knowing it wasn't his? to prevent that from happening, we all need to verify our bank account, right?

Login to Me Too

bmangan1
Contributor
Contributor

don't do it.  Give them a credit card number only.  No banking information.  My advice.....

@keyk_debi wrote:

if you want to add the bank account, it would really need to go through a verification process before you could use it. i like it because what if someone was able to get my bank account information and add it to paypal? so, paypal would just let him use it not knowing it wasn't his? to prevent that from happening, we all need to verify our bank account, right?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.