why are ALL my funds/payments being held? I have 100% feedback

montanamining23
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I signed on to my account and there was a red bar at the top of my home page that stated "From now on, money you receive will be held in a temporary balance." Has anyone else gotten a message like this?

I had holds in the past when I first started selling. A random one here and there, but just yesterday alone they held over $300 in payments. I have to pay, out of pocket to ship all these items and wait for them to release funds to me. One item is going to cost me $46.00 because it's going to Australia!!

I have spoken to about 7 different people, from both eBay and Paypal. Both sides say it's the other one issuing the holds and they don't know why. It seems to me that if this were legal (which I doubt that is is) that they should have a better system for explaining to us exaclty why this is happening.

I have 62 positive feedbacks totalling 100% I have only had one dispute for a item that "was not received" but I provided tracking and the dispute was close din my favor. I have been a member for over a year and have 37 DSR ratings in the last month. All my ratings are 4.8 or higher. Why is this happening????

Does anyone know who I can talk to to get some info?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

same here. its about time the financial ombudsman jumped in and stopped this paypal madness.

if they where a real merchant they would be regulated and governed by the financial system, they are not and it has been shown try and do whatever they want.

especially to the small guys, the bigger biz tell them what to do.

Login to Me Too

usmc1976
Contributor
Contributor

greed,just like e bay,,,greedy,,,,one day pay pal releases funds the next day they hold funds,,,,,,,,time to report them to bbb,,,,,,,i have been a e bayer for 6 yrs and pay/pal and ebay treat you like criminals

Login to Me Too

SoopaCee

exactly....the last 6 payments i got were fine....now all of a sudden, right before christmas, when i NEED the money, they wanna hold my last payment????

like the person above said, when people sell on EBAY, shipping charges are included in the payment.......HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO SHIP IT, WHEN I CANT USE THE MONEY!??!!?

plus to make it worse, it says its being held til like Jan. 10 2010?!?!?!

WHAT THE **bleep**!?!?!?!?!?!!?!??!

is there anyone i can call?

Login to Me Too

jillann
Contributor
Contributor

Goodluck on calling... I called Paypal and they told me to call ebay and when I called ebay they told me to call Paypal and  I was a frantic nervous breakdown raising my voice I somehow got disconected. imagine that. No one gave me help after over 10 years as a 100% feedback (now I have 1 negative at over 3000 transactions somehow that makes me 99.6% (that math makes no sense).  This holding of funds is not right. I could see it if I were at  a really poor feedback % but still 21 days??? There should have been a giant warning that this was going to happen so that we were warned a pop up or something before we listed items that payment would not be available for 21 days etc.

I am NOW a  very unhappy, upset, angry person BECAUSE OF THIS  who previously LIVED and BREATHED ebay 😞

Login to Me Too

TrueGamerGirl

Mine has that banner...it started when I posted baby clothes lots....I did sell a couple lots before and other childrens clothing and nothing was held. I am a new member of 10months though, but I had no disputes 100+100% pos feed.

here is a link this actually answered my question. Directly from Paypal:

http://blog.auctionbytes.com/cgi-bin/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2009/12/1262296279.html

It seems Ebay/Paypal are putting these holds if you sell stuff you normally don't sell....low ratings on items...ect ...ect

I think the rating system is Un-fair. since alot of buyers love to low ball people for the heck of it. even if they love their item. or they will not leave feedback even if you gave them feedback. so I never leave them feedback UNLESS I get theirs first. this way they'll be more motivated to leave you the feedback to get their feedback. (sometimes they dont care) .

is there anyone else who can explain more about this hold???

Login to Me Too

saxaphone
New Community Member

It looks to me it doesn't matter whether one has lots of positive feedback or just starting up as a seller on eBay!!!!

So far I've only sold in small amounts, i.e.., $35 - $60, all funds released right away. Then all the sudden I sold a 'Buy it Now' for $100.00 and yes there holding funds? Has anyone got a answer yet?????

Login to Me Too

SPIEDEL33
New Community Member

I'm getting the same problem.  I don't have any disputes at all but they are telling me my money is being held.  I would like to sue them.  This is illegal i don't care what they say.  You can't do this in any store ship your item before you get paid.  I'll be filing some grievences until they release my money.

Login to Me Too

chargit

this happened to me before christmas. I sold an iPhone on eBay. they said that because of the catagory they would hold my money until all of the following occurs:

buyer recieves item and leaves positive feedback

proof of delivery by UPS but they would still hold a few days cant remember exactly.

they said they were doing this because of the catagory being high risk. and if I was a power seller they would not hold my money. I only had like 52 at the time with 100% feedback and been a member for 5+ years. I just havent done alot of selling on eBay.  I contacted my customer and explained the situation and he left me positive feedback and they released my money. they said if I had 100+ they would not have done it.

Login to Me Too

iceman57ad

your funds, like mine are being held by pay blank   so they can make money off our money. so they hold $ 300 here & 400there from millions of us that translates into BIG profits for them I dont like it , & they dont care if a buyer dosent leave + feedback or no feedback as it has happened to me thet hold your money for up to 21 days without compensation. & no they dont do that to the big guys, of corse this is only MY OPINION. I WOULD RATHER PAY VISA OR MASTER CARD. I WILL BE MOVING IN THAT DIRECTION SOON. OVER 30 YEARS IN BUSINESS, NEVER BEEN SO ANGRY! WITH ANY COMPANY. I HAVE 100% rating, regards to all JERRY

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.