where is my refund

hernandezjc
Contributor
Contributor

I had the seller refund my money to me ebay sent me a message stating this so I come to paypal site and I am showing that the refund is complete but I am showing nothing on my visa card. I called visa customer service and they said they are not showing anything being posted to my visa account. I was told by pay pal that since it is a card it would show up on my card with in 24 hours of refund. I am not showing anything I am showing my pay pal is a balance of 0 what is going on

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

lavagasm

How long has it been since the refund took place? Being in retail I know that credit card refunds can take up to 3 business days to complete.

Login to Me Too

hernandezjc
Contributor
Contributor

I guess on the 14th I am not sure. I was told that i should have it by today. but the card company is saying that they have not even received the request to credit the card back from pay pal

Login to Me Too

hernandezjc
Contributor
Contributor

Its just I have read a lot of posts about paypal not wanting to give refunds and I am nervous about not getting it back 105 dollars is a lot to loose nowadays 

Login to Me Too

48whizzer
New Community Member

I have the exact problem only it's $120.00.....     What's going on with Paypal ???

Login to Me Too

hernandezjc
Contributor
Contributor

Okay now I am becoming scared this is starting too make me very upset because I don't even know who to go to if I don't get my refund I feel for you at least mine is only 105 but still its upsetting when someone has your money and they know its yours but hey let me know if you get your refund I will also post an update if not then I will be taking further action 

Login to Me Too

rcm999
Contributor
Contributor

I'm getting a similar issue with a partial refund from an eBayer.  Paypal posted the refund, but then turned around and charged it back.  What's up with that?

Login to Me Too

kirksims
New Community Member

My refund from Overstock is sitting in the Pay Pal account.  How do I get it transferred back to my checking account?

Login to Me Too

rcm999
Contributor
Contributor

@kirksims wrote:

My refund from Overstock is sitting in the Pay Pal account.  How do I get it transferred back to my checking account?

I am answering by what I have experienced.  It depends on whether or not you used a linked account or a non-linked account.  In other words, can you fund your PayPal account directly from your checking?  If so, it takes about an additional two days because your bank has to verify that it's a legitimate transaction.  Sadly, it's gotten to the point that many banks won't automatically accept a deposit to your account because of the high-tech methods thieves use.  What's to say now these days if someone can deposit money in your account, they can't clean you out?  If it's been more than say, three to five business days, call your bank and refer to the transaction number from PayPal.  Now, you can keep the money sitting in PayPal, and if I'm not mistaken, you'll draw a little bit of interest.  Let it sit there and fund your next transaction from that credit.

If you paid by debit card and simply went through PayPal then the credit should only take a day or two.  Again, it depends on how long it's been sitting there.  Keep in mind, it's the Christmas season, more folks are now and have been Christmas shopping online than ever before, so their staffing may not be able to service customers like they normally would.

I'm only trying to give you a little bit of info based on my experiences, and I cannot promise it'll work out like this for you.  If you're still in doubt about what's going on, call PayPal on Monday.   I am not an employee nor am I  affiliated with PayPal or any affiliates.  It's just my two cents based on my experiences.  Best of luck to you.

Login to Me Too

ML

I am having the same problem to the tune of $236.73.  Who ever gets theirs resolved should post info here. It is interesting that monies are removed in the twinkleing of an eye but it is as slow as an old camel with sore feet to get it returned!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.