where is my ebay refund????

dans1grl4eva
New Community Member

ok so i bought an item on ebay and before the item was shipped realized the seller's description was innacurate and the item was not what i was looking for. the seller and i agreed to cancel the transaction. i got an email from paypal the next day saying the money was refunded to my paypal account. this is what it said (minus all the html):

Hello xxxxxxxxxx

You received a full or partial refund of $45.00 USD from xxxxxxxxxxx
The refund will go to your PayPal account.

To see all the transaction details, please log into your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Seller

None provided

Note from seller

Original transaction details

xxxxxxxxxxx

Description Unit price Qty Amount Item #: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Purchase from xxxxxxxxxx $45.00 USD $0.00 USD Insurance: $0.00 USD Total: $45.00 USD

Questions? Visit the Help Center at: www.paypal.com/help

Thanks for using PayPal - the safer, easier way to pay and get paid online.

great right? wrong. the money never appeared. it does still is not showing in my paypal OR bank account (the money was pulled from my bank account to cover the cost). it doesnt even show as 'pending' 'temporary hold' or any of the other crap excuses for holding money that paypal comes up with. i held up my part of the bargain, the seller held up their part of the bargain, so whats going on? this was on jan. 12, so its been over a week. i needed that money on jan 12. i have NEVER had this kind of problem from paypal before! where is my money and what do i do from here??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

WilliamHua
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem, but after researching, Sarah, the machine, said that paypal woull transfer money into your account within 30 days.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Payments from bank accounts are not really instant.  Sometimes the payment has not cleared to paypal's account, when the seller refunds.

When this happens, the refund is help up until the original payment totally clears.

Usually 3-5 days from the original payment date

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.