view limits button???

nak
Contributor
Contributor

When attempting to make a very small online purchase, I receive the prompt:

"You have exceeded your per transaction limit. To lift this limit, click View Limits on you Account Overview page."

However, I can't find this View Limits button. It does not exist. The status of my account is "verified" ...I understand that this means that the View Limits button is not available and that there should not be a limit, in which case why I am being prompted with the above message?

Other posts on this topic have been of very little assistance. Please reply with practical instruction or advice, not with obvious questions like "Have you verified your account?" or unhelpful statements like "If your account is verified the button is not available". I repeat: the status of my account is "VERIFIED".

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Another possible solution... delete the card from your PayPal profile and then add it back again... maybe this would "clear" whatever settings are causing the problem.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

rollerjc
New Community Member

You need to update your credit info-if you have changed cards or they have expired you will receive the message exceeded your per transaction limit-  hope this helps

Login to Me Too

nak
Contributor
Contributor

No, I have not changed cards. It is in fact my first and only card, and it has not expired. I'm using it to make direct online purchases and in stores, etc. However, I'm unable to use it to make a payment on Gumtree for some reason, and since customer service there is not existent, I'm forced to use this rubbish Paypal service. 

If you do a search, you'll find many other users have the same problem, and it seems Paypal moderators are totally unhelpful and apathetic. WHY ISN'T ANYONE HELPING ME? DON'T YOU WANT TO MAKE MONEY OFF ME, PAYPAL??

Login to Me Too

nak
Contributor
Contributor

OK, just called my local Paypal number and was told that in fact the problem is not resolvable. And Paypal are very aware of what's going on. Here's the situation for all you frustrated Paypal users out there: basically, Paypal's faulty security system settings blocked the release of funds my card for no logical reason. Apparently, this is an ongoing problem that, according to the customer service agent I spoke to, Paypal have not managed to resolve and technically there is no way they can manually 'unblock' my card. So, in other words, I can no longer use Paypal to make purchases with my credit card. For those of you setting up online businesses using Paypal as a payment agent, I'd be very aware of this.

Perhaps, the moderator on this forum has been instructed to ignore customers reporting this kind of difficulty. Nice job you have moderator - getting paid to sit back and read flame posts and occassionally responding with empty advice.

Ex paypal customer

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Add a new credit card or debit card to your PayPal account. It's generally best to have more than one card so that these types of problems cannot bring your buying activities to a screaching halt..

Login to Me Too
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Another possible solution... delete the card from your PayPal profile and then add it back again... maybe this would "clear" whatever settings are causing the problem.

Login to Me Too

nak
Contributor
Contributor

Deleting and re-adding the card seems to have worked. Thanks for the advice, and excuse the 'tough' language in my posts, but I felt this was the only way to get a response.

Login to Me Too

pascalpal
New Community Member

I've just joined.  I added a credit card, got it confirmed finally, after 3 (!) 1.95 charges), go to pay a tuition bill of $1000 and get the "exceed limit" message.  But the limit is $2000, and this is the first charge.  ??????

Login to Me Too

FrustratedUser
Contributor
Contributor

At least I'm not the only one who has had trouble with this situation.  It sure would be nice if they would fix the site.  Did anyone try navigating thru the "Contact Us" "Call Us" links.  What a joke.  I decided to send them an e-mail with all of the information that they would need to rectify the inability to purchase products when a person has sufficient funds available.  When I finished writing it and pressed the "Continue" button, I was transferred to a page that told me "Your Session Has Timed Out - Please Login Again".  What another waste of time that was.

All-in-all my session(s) occupied 2 hours of my time, with endless frustration as well as countless moments of disbelief at the incompetence of those who probably make a 6 figure income.  Where and how do I apply for a job like that?  I would have liked to have a small percentage of what this site sold for.  I can't believe how much that was.  Check it out for yourself.  Don't do it standing up because you'd probably faint.

This site needs a great deal of scrutiny as well as repair, modification and overhaul.  That goes for quite a few other sites that I have visited.

Is there any resolve, for 2010, other than to stop using the net.  It's only as good as the few who at least have the appropriate knowledge and training.  I don't mean the "hackers", even though they seem to be pretty brilliant at what they do.  If you ask me, and even if you don't, the ever-expanding misuse of technology is a major cause of the recession (depression) that is amongst us.

Anyway - "HAPPY NEW YEAR". 

Login to Me Too

dex_cer
New Community Member

no limits button also i thought i was the only one having problem

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.