use paypal without a bank account

isara
New Community Member

i just created a paypal account and didnt know i needed a bank account to use it is there another way to use paypal without a bank account because i dont have a bank account or credit card to pay for things is there a way 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

robertswww
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You need to have a credit card or confirmed bank account with PayPal before you can send any payments. You can however, still receive payments.

PayPal is like a bank, you need a source of funds, before you can buy anything. You may want to consider opening a checking account or sign up for a credit card.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

For those folks who don't have a bank account and credit card your only other option is to get approved for a PayPal Plus Credit Card, or PayPal Buyer Credit.   PayPal requires that you verify your Account meaning you must be able to prove who you say you are.   Normally a bank account and credit card works however, they will accecpt the other option.  If you cannot verify your Account, you will have limitations on what you can do.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

GD-MoneyPak
PayPal Partner

You can add money to your PayPal account without a bank account by using the Green Dot MoneyPak.  You’ll find this option on the Add Funds page once you log into your PayPal account.  For more information check out https://www.moneypak.com/PayPal/Index.aspx.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Nice.   Good to see there is another option for adding funds.  Looks easy enough to do.  However, would this option help to "verify" an Account?    That's the point where folks can get confused because at some point in time, even if they can add funds, they will most likely have to verify their Account.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.