unclaimed, unregistered

ktintn
Contributor
Contributor

I bought something on ebay, paid promptly w/ PayPal, and my PP account shows the recipient as unregistered and unclaimed.  I sent an email thru ebay to the seller, and another to the email address on PP, but have had no response.  Should I cancel this transaction using the 'cancel' button?  Do I leave negative feedback on this seller b/c of this?  I really want the item, but I don't want to sit and wait for something that might never come...not to mention the money!  Suggestions???

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

hponce2008
New Community Member

i'm going through the same thing and want to know what is going on.  the seller doesnt repsond is unregistered but yet has stuff on ebay for sale.  i want the item no doubt but i dont want to waste my time and money on this if it isnt going to give me the item.  i mean i won the item and paid with my paypal account all at once so now the seller needs to do what she intitled herself as and sell the product so if anyone knows what i can do just let me know cuz i dont want to sit around and wait till christmas

Login to Me Too

ktintn
Contributor
Contributor

My seller finally got her situation straightened out about ten days after my purchase, but not before 2 emails/day threatening to leave negative feedback.  In fact, I received my item before she had her PayPal issues corrected.  I did give her negative feedback in the communication section and made reference to the problem in the written comments.  I, too, wanted my item - it was for my daughter - and I guess she didn't want negative feedback as she was new to eBay.  My suggestion would be to give your seller a time frame for fixing the problem; tell her you're going to post negative feedback if the problem's not corrected by that date; then do it.  I kept copies of my emails to her so that in the event I had to open a case w/ PayPal/eBay, I could show them I gave her every opportunity to fix the problem.  Good luck!

Login to Me Too

BLAKESTER
New Community Member

OK - me too - I paid for a great item from a new ebayer /seller (1) and when I checked the payment status I saw the unclaimed / unregistered stuff, so immediately that threw up some flags. I did email seller before bidding to make sure they were real and see how fast they respond. I do this now with so many flakey ebay sellers as I want to see if it's worth bidding on by testing how well people are plugged in and respond first etc... I check up on their feedbacks too. I also check as much as possible before bidding these days. I'd say 1 in 20 experiences on eBay are bad these days for me.

USUALLY IT IS SELLERS THAT WAIT TO GIVE FEEDBACK UNTIL YOU GIVE THEM FEEDBACK INSTEAD OF GIVING FEEDBACK IMMEDIATELY WHEN PAID. WHY, BECAUSE THEY FEEL GUILTY PERHAPS  ABOUT SOEMTHING NOT DISCLOSED IN PIX OR TEXT DESCRIPTION ON THEIR SALE, OR THE OLD PLAY STUPID AND NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE SELLING EXCUSE!

ON ITEMS OVER $50 I ONLY SHOP WITH PREFERRED SELLERS AT 99.5% OR BETTER UNLESS I SEE SOMETHING I REALLY HAVE HAD A HARD TIME FINDING THEN I WILL ROLL DICE - BUT HATE DOING THAT

When I sell and get paid I immediately give feedback to seller for fast payment. If they pay slow or don't pay at all which is more common now too I get all ticked off(Irish)

I am guessing here.... that as a new eBayer they may not have finished the multiple hoops necessary to finish up registering their paypal account. I think it is now mandatory that all eBayers who sell have a legitimate and confirmed account, so I am confused as all of you here and not sure how a seller can sell if they can't pay eBay for listing fees or claim money for items?

Makes absolutely no sense at all!

It seems asinine that eBay would allow this to happen. It must be established a seller must complete ALL stages of setting up a Paypal Account before bEing able to list an Auction on eBay.

That would be my solution

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.