this is joke on us.

your_turn_2_bid
Contributor
Contributor

$21.23

its nothing to paypal but interest only.

Why not return from where money was paid from the start.

I will quit ebay.

its not worth the feedback from paypal.

just pay us on time, its our money.

Login to Me Too
124 REPLIES 124

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@potonian wrote:

...  I think most sellers do not realize a delievery confirmation number is worthless in a dispute.

Potonian,

Your statement about there being a difference between a delivery confirmation through the USPS was not sufficient as a tracking number perplexed me so I spent time researching PayPal's and eBay's shipping policies along with checking the USPS site.  This is exactly what is said on eBay's help pages:

Including tracking information lets both you and your buyers easily check on the status of your packages. If you print shipping labels on eBay, the tracking or Delivery Confirmation number is automatically added to My eBay when it's available.

If you use a shipping service that provides a tracking or Delivery Confirmation number, you can also upload it in My eBay yourself.

To upload a tracking or Delivery Confirmation number in My eBay:
  1. Go to the Sold section of My eBay.

2. Select the check box next to the item or items for which you want to add a tracking or Delivery Confirmation number.

3. Click the Add tracking number button.

4. On the Add/Edit/Delete Tracking Number page, enter the tracking or Delivery Confirmation number.

5. If we can determine the carrier you're using, such as USPS or UPS, we'll pre-fill that information in the Carrier box. Otherwise, enter the name of your carrier.

6. Click the Submit button.

Once you’ve uploaded the tracking or Delivery Confirmation number, it appears below the item title in the Sold section of My eBay and on the View Order Details page.

No where does it state that a delivery confirmation number is not the same as a tracking number--in fact the USPS calls it a track and confirm number.  Unless you can provide proof otherwise then I am going to assume the information you posted is misleading.

Login to Me Too

potonian
Contributor
Contributor

Well.... first of all your research was very limited and incomplete.    One thing you can do is to type in  'tracking number'   in the search box here in the forum and you  will find innumerable posts about  sellers unable to enter a delivery confirmation as a tracking number.

They dont understand why they cant .... its because they are the same as I was at first...  ignorant about paypals policy, and the diff between delivery confirmation numbers and tracking numbers.

Delivery confirmation number is just what it implies.... a number you can type in online to confirm if the package was delivered...   it is NOT  a trackinng number that you can track the progress of the package with online.

To me it seems that a delivery confirmation  number should be viewed as just as good as a tracking number as proof during a dispute that the item was shipped.

But paypal does not  allow for that... I have argued with them to allow delivery confirmation numbers as proof as well as tracking numbers...  because like I said... USPS does not provide tracking numbers...  altho I have been told now that if you use the flat rate shipping boxes at USPS and ask them for a tracking number they will provide one for those.

But just shipping an item in a manila envelope or your own box.... they do not give tracking numbers.

Now...  you stated that if you print a label in ebay it has a tracking number...  I am not familiar with that but if its true then that is an option .   But ...  are you sure paypal will recognize that number as a legitimate tracking number?

I found out the hard way when I had a dispute from a buyer once... and I entered the delivery confirmation number at paypal to begin to resolve the dispute...  and it was rejected.

Paypal told me its not allowed because  it is not a number that allows the item to be tracked online as per their rules.... so its useless in disputes... and without a tracking number you can not even proceed further to resolve the dispute...so  you automatically lose the case.

Like I said... check the forums here.... you will see many sellers complaining that they were unable to enter the del confirmation number .  

Too many sellers are given the false impression that del. confirmation number is a tracking number.... till they find out the hard way.

Ask someone at the counter at your local USPS...  they will tell you a del. confirmation number  does NOT allow you to track the items progress online.... it only can tell you if the item was delivered or not...  thus it is not the same as a tracking number.

Using the flat rate boxes and asking for a tracking number.... if thats true you can get one that way , as the paypal person told me...   or using the ebay mailing label..if that number is allowed by paypal....   are the only ways to have a tracking number thru USPS.  And until I confirm that both of those ways will work I wont say 100% yet that they will.  I hope they do....  especially the ebay number you talked about..if that is a legitimate tracking number it would be great .

thanks

Login to Me Too

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@potonian wrote:

Well.... first of all your research was very limited and incomplete.    One thing you can do is to type in  'tracking number'   in the search box here in the forum and you  will find innumerable posts about  sellers unable to enter a delivery confirmation as a tracking number.

Well .... first of all my research was quite thorough and I rely on the written legal agreements for eBay, PayPal and the USPS whereas you rely on the forums and what PayPal India tells you.  I do not need to search through these forums to read seller's story of PayPal not accepting the track and confirm number from the USPS.    We all know that PayPal is giving out wrong information, holding on to our funds and using any and all manner of excuses to justify their holds on our money so as to be able to make more money in interest--which by the way--the interest on our funds is entirely PayPal's per the user agreement.  The information I gave you yesterday was from eBay's agreement and referred to shipping through PayPal.  However I pulled up the shipping information from  the PayPal legal documents and this is what they say:

eBay item holds - we may place a hold on a payment received for an eBay transaction when we believe there is a high level of risk that the transaction will be disputed or charged back. We may hold the funds for up to 21 days but may also release the hold sooner if the buyer leaves positive feedback on eBay or we can confirm satisfactory delivery of the item.

I suggest you read through PayPal's legal document's and the USPS track and confirm information so that next time you are told that PayPal will not accept delivery confirmation as a tracking number then you can quote them their own policy as stated above.  Specifically--If PayPal can CONFIRM satisfactory delivery....

However I am wondering if you are confusing first class mail with priority or express mail.  I print my priority shipping labels for free on USPS.com Shipping Assistant and do so without postage as the delivery confirmation is free.  I then take the package to the Post Office and have them place the proper postage--it is not always cheaper to use flat rate shipping so depending on what I am shipping I will also use a regular priority mail box.  Now if you personally want to track every last thing about where your package is at all times-which is not required in any way in the legal documents--then ship by express mail and put that in your listing for the buyer to pay. Additionally I am requiring that all packages be insured at the buyers expense. 

Now if you want to provide me the specific language that I may have missed from the legal documents that governs this from PayPal then by all means prove me wrong. In my opinion the only way to argue with PayPal is to go up the chain of command and keep quoting their exact words from their own legal documents and if PayPal can confirm delivery which is what they say then the difference between tracking and delivery confirmation is moot per PayPal's own agreement.

Thanks 

Login to Me Too

1968hans
Contributor
Contributor

YOU SEEM TO BE MISSING THE THE BIG PICTURE. UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS=IN THE END(NO CUSTOMERS)

Login to Me Too

1968hans
Contributor
Contributor

THE POINT OF SELLING ON MY OWN,IS I DECIDE HOW TO PUT MY MONEY TO WORK NOT PAYPAL DURING THE 21 DAYS.TRY THAT WITH THE IRS,LET ME KNOW HOW IT WORKS OUT.

Login to Me Too

namestreetcity
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to post a thread.

Red comes up I have to add location.

Highlighted area....none

I've had it with eBay and paypal.

I learned today from a paypal rep that the hold payments policy comes from eBay, not paypal.

eBay decides, and tells Paypal to what to hold.

Transfered to eBay, nothing can be done because the selling id is new. Even if you've been on eBay for years with excellent record as mine is, you will be subject to random payments being held. Held hostage, imo.

I tried to post a topic.

Nothing happens

pink highlight to enter location

No location box to enter a location!

Login to Me Too

ChapmanAudio
Contributor
Contributor

Wow. Everyone went there with the ebay and paypal are evil rant and forgot your original question. I am new and having the same issue with the *Location red star thing. I just want to be able to post. What gives? You get all the way to the end and hit post and the error comes up to add a location to the location field. There isn't a location field. I clicked it every which way on 3 different computers with cleared out cookies etc etc. No Location Field, No Posting.

Help Amanda! I can only respond to existing posts . . .

Bill

Login to Me Too

karleslie12
Contributor
Contributor

Help to Amanda and/or  Bill about Location * star error... double check the your registration as Ebay member profile has a location ie...  Statesville, NC  or   NC,  USA... all listing seem to need to have the location of the item...  Go to your profile and check that and tried listing your item again.  Hope the information helps the person trying to list.

Login to Me Too

zarvo
New Community Member

Here is a site I've started using just for these reasons. Tired of ebay.

List the item here (free): http://bigvaluedepot.com/free/.

Use this code and you will be given (5) free, lifetime listings: { 155 }

Login to Me Too

daria
Contributor
Contributor

I went to the site you recommended but I don't know the promo code.

I thought the code was "free"" but that was not accepted

help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.