this is joke on us.

your_turn_2_bid
Contributor
Contributor

$21.23

its nothing to paypal but interest only.

Why not return from where money was paid from the start.

I will quit ebay.

its not worth the feedback from paypal.

just pay us on time, its our money.

Login to Me Too
124 REPLIES 124

Joy
Contributor
Contributor

Tell yr buyers if they send a money order (they can send 2) if purchase is over 500-

and give them a discount, the more people that do this, the less money paypal will have. Figure a way around the paypal, and they will finally (get it)

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

Try Bonanzle and there is Etsy for the crafty (handmade) people too. I am going to put my selling in someone elses hands who will let me accept checks and money orders. PayPal is a big joke. They say buyer and seller protection??? yeah, whichever way the wind blows with their "human error"

Login to Me Too

Advancemars
Contributor
Contributor

I dont think ebay believes in karma but beleive me its coming their way.

Login to Me Too

Puppy
Contributor
Contributor

I am sick of PayPal Smiley Mad. They placed so called "limitations" on my account. I cannot send or request money. They hold my money that I sold on eBay for 21 days. Instead of %2.9 + 0.30 they charged %3.9 + 0.30 for fees that they did not clearly stated. When I called the support he put me on hold for more than 20 minutes to find out that I was charged %3.9 + 0.30 for international transaction. The phone support from PayPal is just a joke. I sold a popular phone on eBay for $650.

- eBay fees: $23
- PayPal fees: $25.67
                                            Total fees: $48.67

Even thus the phone is very expensive but the fees made more money than I did.
When I sold items around $30 it was ok but when I sold for $650 they put this on my account

Why is my account access limited?
Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):
•  Jan ,,|,,, 2010: We have observed activity in this account that is unusual or potentially high risk.
(Your case ID for this reason is CC-992-223-000.)

Messed everything up, I was p-is-sed. They asked for my SSN, scan my photo ID, scan invoices they wasted my time enough that I have to refund all the money back to my customer. Hahaha!!! ,,|,, shame on them (You don't get the %3.9 +.30 fees did you?). After I got my information all uploaded, one of the joke employee email me that I account is closed for security reason. Sorry for the inconvenience we are trying to minimize the interruption for your business. WTFUK what security? you hold my money for 21 days and said that because of security reason?? This is why it is a joke on us!

,,|,, PupPY

Login to Me Too

Lordhelpsus
Contributor
Contributor

the joke really is on us. our senators and congressmen have to help us with this mess that paypal and ebay has created. they are essentially holding our own money hostage. They are getting away with this at the expense of ruining the businesses we have built over years and sweat and tears. This is the biggest scam I have ever seen. These people are holding millions of dollars of sellers' money and this has to be stopped with legal action. we all have to work together on this so send me all links and keep me posted and I will do the same.We built ebay/paypal to up and they are **bleep**ing all of us with these dumb new policies that are **bleep**ing up our lives and putting us out of business.

write your attorney generals, your politians, let everyone know what they are doing. they must be stopped.

Login to Me Too

fraciamy
Contributor
Contributor

I dont understand .... i have never ran into this problem,,,

i have been using paypal for years now and i have never had this problem... i wonder if there is something that is being misunderstood on how to use paypal or an option or back up source or something... i dont know but i have never had a problem with them holding my money... ?????

Login to Me Too

JDJeeps

It is a problem, typical corporate America **bleep**ing over us little people. Yes, it's nice to have the security of paypal, but they charge way to much! Did you know Ebay owns paypal? Hows that make you feel, Ebay is double dipping on every item and they have complete contol, you can't even advertise your own company on your listings??!?!? It's becoming a monopoly, much like that of Microsoft and Bill Gates a few ago. There are lots of other auction sites out there, but they don't last, or are just not popular enough to create good traffic. I hate ebay and paypal, however I will continue to use them every day; my job depends on it... Ebay was taken over by new people a little while ago, thats why all the policies changed, I have talked to employees there and they agree that the new bosses are going to far and being greedy, but, like me, there jobs depend on it, endless cycle. The greed on top is exactly what caused our depression we are currently in. No one should make 7 and 8 figure salaries.

Login to Me Too

fraciamy
Contributor
Contributor

NO I did not know that ebay owns paypal...

that is a double dip of junk.... **bleep** -- cuz i use both everyday too... if anyone knows of any other source like paypal that is as secure and doesnt charge as much let me know... as for ebay i still use it too but am finding other sites that dont charge but yes not as much traffic... but i still dont see any problems with paypal other than the super outrageous charges.... i see that people have their funding held or something like that... i have never had a prob with that yet.... wow  tooooooo much greed... i am happy with an extra buck or two!

Login to Me Too

AngelaTC
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it's really insane now that eBay owns PayPal. 

And the fact that they now won't allow checks and money orders is beyond  ridiculous.

But they don't care. Every year they make more and more money by weeding out the smaller, unprofitable customers.  Pretty soon eBay will be trying to figure out how to get rid of eBay, so it can devote all resources to theiir money magnet, PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Dreamweaver
Contributor
Contributor

You people just don't get it.  It's all *&%% bull crap,  The real truth about holding our money for 21 days is the "float".  PayPal makes millions of dollars in interest on the money they are holding for us.  I have used PayPal to purchase items and  there is NO buyer protection!!  If they were really concerned and not just greedy capitalist, they would put the seller's money in a "trust account" and let the seller earn interest on it.  I would use another service in a heart beat just to stop supporting these pagan worshiping devils!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.