shipping costs ripoff

artwaik
New Community Member

I signed up for the UPS direct shipping through my Paypal acct on the promise that the shipping fees would be 30% less than I could get by going directly through UPS but I have discovered the shipping fees are actually MORE expensive going through paypal than if I go directly through UPS.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

phoenix

Yes, I found the same thing.

Login to Me Too

jintranix

Yes, Totaly and it really hacks me off I went to UPS site to calulate shiping cost before I listed my auctions, afterward I found the paypal/UPS "discount" to be about 30% MORE than going direct to UPS.  ARRGGH! I not really trying to make money on shiping but I can't afford to lose money . What a Rip-Off!

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi All,

The rates available with the UPS Special Pricing Program for eBay Sellers take a few days to become effective. In four to six business days, you receive an email confirmation regarding the UPS Special Pricing Program including enrollment status and the date your new rates will begin.

To learn more check the UPS Special Pricing Program FAQ here:

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/shipping/bestpractices/faqs.html

Amanda

Login to Me Too

thelastphoneguy
New Community Member

WOW your not kidding. I have been losing money left and right. I just started shipping a 35 pound box. Paypal told me that it would be 46.76. I went to UPS direct and it was 35.32 the is a huge diffence. I have been doing this a while and have never received a discount after shipping. I can understand Ebay trying to make a profit but come on this is insane.

Login to Me Too

ATW
Contributor
Contributor

I was pretty irate about this when I found out.

PayPal customer service actually came through for me though -- kind of shocking -- but hey, it's been a while since I last attempted to call them, so it's possible that they've improved. Kudos to the customer service rep who helped me out anyway.

Here's how you opt out:

1) Go to PayPal My Account (homescreen)

2) Hover your mouse over "Profile" and click "More Options"

3) Under the Selling Preferences column (the right-hand column), click "Shipping Preferences"

4) Under "UPS information", click "remove existing UPS account information"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.