shipping by weight not working ????

JCDC
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using mals-e cart with paypal. I want to to be able to use ship by weight so here's an example of the code im using:

<form action="http://ww4.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm" method="post">
         <input type="hidden" name="userid" value="XXXXXX">
<input type="hidden" name="product" value="4 x 4 inch Tile">
<input type="hidden" name="price" value="10.00">
<input type="hidden" name="weight" value="10">
<input type="hidden" name="return" value="XXXXXXXXX">
         <div align="center">
          <p><font color="white">Quantity</font> <input type="text" name="qty" value="" size="3" maxlength="3"><input type="Submit" value="Add to&nbsp;Cart!"></p>
         </div>
        </form>

-------

whenever i use this values using mals-e shipping it works fine, it calculates the shipping basedo n the weight, but when i use paypal to override the cart's shipping, the shipping comes out to $0. What am i doing wrong????

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Do you have a US PayPal Account?    If yes, have you setup a shipping method based on weight in your Account Profile?   Next, you need to include two variables in your item button code for weight calculations.

<input type="hidden" name="weight" vaule="1">
<input type="hidden" name="weight_unit" value="lbs">

Note, non US PayPay Accounts presently do not have the option to setup a shipping method based on weight.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

JCDC
Contributor
Contributor

i do have a US acct and even after i put in the code you told me, and i have the options turned off at mals-e...it still doesnt work

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunally I'm not a 3rd party shopping cart user nor am I familar with Mal's E-commerce.   For help with this application, you can try their forum.

If want to see basic examples of various ways to manually code item buttons, then check out this site.  Note, there is a section on shipping with tips and examples.

Regads,

skier

Login to Me Too

JCDC
Contributor
Contributor

i guess somewhere it's conflicting but i dont know what. Since i'm using Mal's-e cart , im using their "form" code as i explained before. I know that the paypal code is a little different since it actually directs the everything to the paypal cart. So i did a test and just used to Paypal code so it skipped the mal's-e cart, and the shipping by weight actually worked. But when i make it go through mal's-e, the shipping remains at $0.

There's gotta be a way. I know some variables are a bit different. Like mal's-e uses : "units", paypal uses "weight" and such. Robot Sad

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.