sending limit and verification

migan
New Community Member

I've been verified already for a while and my band account has been confirmed. I've only bought ONE dress recently and was told that I have a sending limitation. So, I've sent it to unlimited already. But every time I go to buy something, the sending limitation comes back up again. I've even tried to get a PayPal credit card just to get verified and was denied. I have no idea what do to do anymore. PayPal says to go to the Resolution Center, but there's nothing there that can help. Can someone please help me?

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

AngryOne
New Community Member

I have the same type of problem with PayPal, Tried to pay for a $17 item and it said that I only had $11.?? left for my sending limit. Come on I just paid over $200 in fees last month and now thay refuse to let me shop on ebay anymore. My bank does not accept e-checks which is how they verify you for sending more than the 10k limit. My bank has no NSF fees and they cannot provide that if they accepted e-checks. I can make Visa credit or debit purchaes with my account only, I should not be barred from using ebay because of discrimination over my type of banking account. PayPal should be ashamed of themselves, greedy dam pirates.

Login to Me Too

stevekelly
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has become the evil paying online equivalent to Microsoft. You either do it their ignorant way or nothing. They can;t seem to understand that Bank debit cards are already linked to your Bank account. So you either do it their way or you can't shop on EBAY. Stupid ignorant rules.

Login to Me Too

smallHOST
Contributor
Contributor

If you don't like it, make something better. Chances are you can follow the directions within your paypal account to fix this issue.

Login to Me Too

Ellen11111

I think e-bay (who owns PayPal) needs to reconsider trying to force100% buyer rated customers to increase their spending limits by (1) Getting a Pay Pal Credit card or even worse (2) A Pay Pal debit card.  I reached the magical $10,000 limit after a number of years.  Since my account was compromised in May, I'm not interested in their debit card, as I'm not certain of the total security of E Bay and Pay Pal.  Morwover, I use an airlines credit card, have an 808 credit  rating and do not wish to lose airmiles of lower my credit rating by applying for another card...looks like I'll have to stop using e-bay.... 

Login to Me Too

TinaA

well bully for you!

Login to Me Too

sgeographer

I have the same issue.  I have been an eBay member and using PayPal for almost 9 years and I am now approaching my $10,000.00 limit.  Obviously I am not a huge user, but I seem to have a proven record of reliability that is totally unaccounted for in this process.  I just spoke to PayPals customer service (in India?) and asked "If I do not get verified or obtain a PayPal credit card will I no longer be able to use PayPal when my sending limit runs out?"  The answer was a simple "Yes."  Thus, I too will probably just stop using eBay when my "sending limit" is reached.  I will make sure I have used all of my funds before then since so many people have indicated their difficulties with receiving money into their accounts.  

Does anyone have a suggestion for another good on-line auction sight?

Login to Me Too

temp-w814am
Contributor
Contributor
paypal requires you to have a credit card and bank account to be verified and lift spending limits. whether you are an existing paypal member or a new member you don't need to open a regular bank account or have a regular credit card...............if you go to NETSPEND.COM you can open a new account. it is a pre-paid credit card you can hook to paypal. as soon as you enter your info you have an immediate account set up and they will mail you the card within a few days. while waiting for the card, you have immediate access to your new account. on your NETSPEND account page, if you click on "ADD/MANAGE MONEY", and then click the option at the bottom that says "PAYPAL TRANSFERS". it will bring up the information to "ADD A BANK ACCOUNT" to your paypal account which includes the ROUTING NUMBER/ACCOUNT NUMBER. once you enter it into your paypal account it will say that paypal will make 2 small deposits within 48 hours. you can get those 2 deposit numbers right online at NETSPEND.COM when you sign into your account. then you enter those 2 small deposits into your paypal and now you have a verified paypal account. plus, as soon as your card arrives you can now take your paypal funds and "transfer to bank account", which takes 3-4 days and then it is available on your NETSPEND DEBIT CARD. when you recieve the actual card, you can also use it to list as a "credit card" for paypal. yes you can use the same card/account for both your "bank account" and "credit card" needed for paypal and ebay. it is a real life-saver especially while you wait to become eligible for your "paypal debit card". i know that there are ALOT of people that don't have credit cards or bank accounts due to credit issues or whatever, and this really works. hope thats not too confusing.
Login to Me Too

NetSpace
Contributor
Contributor

sickofpp,

Why are you spamming this forum with that post?

Login to Me Too

temp-w814am
Contributor
Contributor

because it applies to alot of questions posted. at least it is USEFUL information and not just whining and complaining like SOME PEOPLE................................this is a question & answer feedback forum. NO CRYBABIES ALLOWED.......come on, 9 posts about the same problem......wah wah wah......would you like some cheese with that whine????????

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.